British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I would be surprised if GMF doesn’t make the AA, and the way things are going top 8 might be feasible. The EF chances look bleaker though, and they may actually be reasonably stacked. It’s possible to conceive of a reasonably strong top 5 on each event.

I wonder if Jess and Jen are looking at the crumbling state of the World on floor and thinking about how, if healthy, they could probably both have gotten on the podium here at Worlds. Maybe even the title.

I can’t see anyone getting a 14 on floor next week.

I wonder how many people sitting out worlds are looking at the depleted field and thinking what a golden opportunity they’re missing

But we always knew that it was going to be depleted, even months ago. We didn’t know every name that wouldn’t be attending or that got injured, but I really don’t understand the lack of participation, never did. Why wouldnt people want to snag a spot or even an easy chance at a medal?? I just never got it, it was always wide open, but now it’s glaringly wide-open… but we always knew injuries and attrition would naturally happen, so why not just go and give it a shot??

What I don’t understand is how Andrade is healthy enough to vault a DTY, do a huge 10ft high bars dismount, and do a double flipping beam dismount, but not healthy enough to do a couple of layouts and leaps in a floor routine.

Last edited:
For most of the individual gymnasts who’ve opted out, it makes sense. It’s been a long five years and the majority of them aren’t coming due to at least one of: injury protection/rehab, pursuit of commercial opportunities that only exist shortly after the Olympics, education that they may already have delayed a year, exhaustion or just having finished with the sport. Most of the gymnasts who aren’t coming, when taken as individuals I can completely see why. It’s the federation decisions that often don’t make sense. Brazil for example have some decent depth, and a star who’s by no means guaranteed to be healthy enough to lead them into next quad. So why only send one? Batshit.

What I don’t understand is how Andrade is healthy enough to vault a DTY, do a huge 10ft high bars dismount, and do a double flipping beam dismount, but not healthy enough to do a couple of layouts and leaps in a floor routine.
She mentioned that it was not an injury of why she wasn’t doing floor but endurance factor. She hadn’t seriously trained floor much after the Olympics and felt she wanted some time off of the event. She did do floor at Brazilian Nationals though so?? It is quite interesting because she was the clear favorite a month ago.
Andrade told the press that getting floor back was difficult for her due to her injuries leading up to the Olympic Games, so to do it at worlds would put too much pressure on her body. She added that her main focus is Paris 2024, not all-around or floor medals here. “I want to be smart right now, and know this isn’t the time.” Andrade looked strong on her remaining events, though, and is a strong contender for medals on both vault and bars.

Last edited:
I’m sure Andrade could tumble Round Off layouts for 30 minutes straight, if she had to.
I am sure she could…but this is what she stated was the reason for dropping floor. She didn’t want to have to put in the training time on the event when her main focus is Paris.
Think about how much trouble she had on FX in Tokyo.

training time
She literally does not need training time. Just go up and do a dance through. Mount with her beam dismount. Tumble a Layout and a Front Full dismount.

It is zero preparation time to put up a 12.5 on floor which could LEGITIMATELY get her a World AA medal. I don’t get it.

She literally does not need training time. Just go up and do a dance through. Mount with her beam dismount. Tumble a Layout and a Front Full dismount.
I am not arguing with you. Simply stating exactly what Andrade gave for her reasoning of not doing floor. LMAO

Ha sorry didnt mean to come across as combative! I just want her in the AA lol

She actually sounds pretty relaxed and like she thinks things went well. Perhaps the footage we saw wasn’t very representative of the full training session.

Well, it was only one fall. She got up and repeated the Hindorff and it was fine.

I judged her routine at a 13.6 with the fall (and losing 0.2 CV). So a mid 14 for a hit is within reach. Which I think could medal.

We had Melnikova at a 14.35 with a 0.5 error on her Shap 1/2.

Last edited:
The second half of the footage made me antsy. She caught too close for the Hindorff again when she repeated.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back