British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I don’t understand the phrase “photos showed Colin Still and potentially Amanda Reddin” . Was Amanda in the photos or not? Maybe the investigations are completed now? Seems very bad that they were there but I think Colin has been in previous photos.

If the investigations are completed then surely we would know the conclusions of the investigation?

Surely they should only return to the camps once they have been publicly exonerated?

It would be wholly inappropriate to privately exonerate them, before informing the complainants, and giving them permission to start attending camps, where said complainants will find out that they are back coaching before the conclusions have been released.

Last edited:
as far as I know from past incidences the conclusions of any investigations are not made public. They only go to those involved. And they can share them if they choose.

You’d think if a senior coach was being investigated for abuse that the conclusions would be made public…!!?

Reactions: L_R
I was referring to this picture. The woman with the red GB top and brown hair could be Amanda Reddin, but because there’s nothing where the face is visible, can’t say for definite.

Re the investigations into Still and Reddin, one of the journalists who was reporting on the abuse enquired as to the status of the investigations and got this response.

and the worst thing is I believe that BG only has jurisdiction over its current members. backed up by the statement above

So if a coach retires and cancels their membership then they cannot investigate. It would have to go through the police.

Will be interesting to see who ‘retires’.

I would love to see a full list of who is suspended each year. I know several coaches who have been suspended this year for shorter periods of time. Nothing was ever announced officially about it , afterwards they just go back to coaching like nothing happened.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 5
Colin Still is apparently on the nominative GB coaching team, so the investigation must have concluded.

Last edited:

Looking neat but slowwwww on beam.

I wanna yell at her QUICKER!!!

Last edited:

Jess was 0.134 away from qualifying top on floor in Tokyo prelims.

Clearly that error on the gogean was minimum 3 tenths. Still got an 8.533 E.

Can you imagine how she would have felt as the top qualifier. Probably it’s best she wasn’t!

Otherwise, that routine was just so so clean. They were so well prepared. Their coaches deserve so much credit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
and nothing announced about it as usual. There is a new CO in charge of BG from this week.

This is what she said
“As the National Governing Body for gymnastics in the UK, we must be judged on what we do and how we act. Under my leadership British Gymnastics will listen, learn, and operate with transparency and best practice throughout. There will be a zero-tolerance approach to abuse in our sport and nothing is off limits right now in terms of the changes that I will make."

The 3 things I would like to happen immediately would be:
  1. Public list of those suspended and banned with dates on the BG website (US have done this for years).
  2. Findings from investigations into those banned and suspended made public. Even if it is just a brief conclusion. Many coaches are cleared by investigation and this should help them as well as helping those abused see publically that their experiences have been acted on and coaches removed.
  3. Public database on BG of coaching qualifications of members and dates acheived. Too many coaches coach beyond their qualifications and the parents have no way of checking.
If she wants transparency and nothing is off limits let’s start with these!

Adorable.

Also - see at 12:12. Jen was going out of bounds before her Chuso even in the Training Camp before leaving for Tokyo.

And notice how her Chuso is TOTALLY DIFFERENT when she has a spot. You can tell she completely rushes the twist without her coach standing there - which cuts all her rotation and means she has to pike down. There’s hardly any pike down when he’s stood there.

Last edited:
Good catch on the training OOB and I see what you mean about the FTDLO. I’m still curious to know how bad her Euros injury really was and when she started doing certain skills again, especially given her qualis vault warm up.

It would be so demoralising to go from Olympic bronze to have both Becky and Georgia fall on bars in prelims and basically have no British representation in any Final.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back