British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There’s 4 spots for worlds right?

I wonder why Becky lost a full point in D on the second day on bars? Maybe she fell on the Ezhova so lost EGRs for two grips and transitions?

A score in the high 6s indicates 2 falls on bars. Unless she had one fall + some big pirouette issues.

She had a pretty good second day beam score though.

GMF is clearly going. Based on these scores, you’re picking who’s NOT going.

GMF Becky Frags and Taeja?

Are Simm and Odine done for the year?

Shit with these scores, fly Amelie over and get her to do her NCAA routines…

Last edited:
I’m sure I heard that Halle Hilton was invited to the trial. And I thought Kelly would.

So did I. This one seemed to have her name on it. Is she still training? With CWG and Euros virtually overlapping next year, it’s a good opportunity for the B team.

MAG related, apparently British championships (MAG only) are this weekend, who knew? There will be judge cams on the BG app.

I thought Frank Baines retired, though, glad I was wrong.
WAG is November 27/28.

Last edited:
I hadn’t realised he was still going! Must be quite beaten up or really want to do something else to not give it another year for a home-ish CWG.

Emily Thomas, who was part of Wales’ last CWG team and the travelling alternate for 2018 Worlds, announced her retirement yesterday. She sustained another knee injury at a World Cup earlier this year and has had to undergo a full knee reconstruction, triggering her decision to retire. Another blow to the depth of the women’s team!

So, Becky gets a shot at Worlds.

There is going to be so much pressure on her to hit.

Like, the whole gymternet is so invested.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Can you imagine how we will all be feeling on that first kip cast to handstand in prelims?

Fragapane is out of Worlds. Also posted in the Worlds Roster thread.

She’s having a rough old time of it this year. Particularly unfortunate since it’s been individual worlds and Euros, and she those are the competitions where she makes most sense now as she doesn’t really fit onto a first choice team.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back