British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Me too. I was starting to feel more relaxed but now I’m all stressed again.

Also, there’s the fact that please Gods of gym let me see him in shorts once more. Which is something I feel we tend to overlook.

But still 0.3-0.4 ahead of Amelie and over a mark better than Jennifer. She’s in the top three on both her events, albeit with lower n (average of top three scores, 4th on beam if you us best score). I think her world silver plus the more difficult routine are enough to give her the benefit of the doubt re getting back to EF standard scores. Surely?

There’s an argument that her dismount fall is as flukey as Jessica’s Euros beam disaster so you can take that as a 14.925. Her FTDT has never been great (she does always seem to fling off the bar) but I can’t remember another big mistake on it. That gets you the EF contending score and the committee has to make some judgement calls or you’d go by scores only. Even with scores only she’s still the best chance of team bronze.

Argh I’m talking round in circles here. Imagine if the gymternet had to discuss team permutations for two weeks after US trials.

Did I miss when the team announcement was coming? For some reason, I thought it should have been made by now.

Last edited:
It was postponed due to the death of the Downie’s brother.

I think the team was internally named on 28 May. There’s a 2 (I think) week appeals period.

That would make a public announcement on 11 june. Next Friday.

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

I can’t imagine Jen would still be training right now if she hadn’t been picked:

She would at least have a couple weeks off. Surely?

Last edited:
What’s the deal with alternates and travelling and quarantine? I wonder if that has come into consideration with Beckys glass ankles and Amelie and Jess/Jen recent injuries?

I would’ve assumed Jennifer was on the team unless injured. Seemed a fairly safe bet, especially with no Ellie. And yeah, bank card yeesh…

It’s probably somewhere in this thread but… when will the announcement be made ?

Ha we don’t know ! We are guessing a week tomorrow (Friday).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back