British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

These scores seem to be running away with us rather. Alice and Ondine have gone into 1st and 2md on bars, with 14.5 and 14.1 respectively. Possibly more significant is that Charlotte Booth is ahead of Amelie.

I don't remember the actual final answer: Booth is/is not going for a potential run for the British team?

Everyone in the mix is finished apart from Morgan, Evans and Martin who head to FX and Downie to BB

ETA: and that’s Downie off on BB too.

Last edited:
WAG results

1 55.600 - Ondine Achampong (Aylesbury Academy)
2 54.100 - Alice Kinsella (Park Wrekin)
3 52.950 - Amelie Morgan (The Academy)
4 52.250 - Georgia-Mae Fenton (South Essex)
5 51.650 - Abigail Martin (South Devon)
6 49.900 - Grace Davies (Robin Hood)
7 49.400 - Tilly Wright (Robin Hood)
8= 49.350 - Ema Kandalova (Tolworth)
8= 49.350 - Lauryn Connor (Harrow)
10 47.950 - Mercedes Mary Moore (South Durham)

VT- 2 only

Average Vault:​

1 13.000 - Abigail Martin (South Devon)

2 12.800 - Mercedes Mary Moore (South Durham)

3 12.550 - Laura Nelson (City Of Newcastle)

4 12.500 - Maggie May Shepherd (South Essex)

5 12.450 - Emily Burke (Dynamo)

6 12.375 - Veronika Kritski (Plymouth Swallows)

Bars

1 14.500 - Alice Kinsella (Park Wrekin)

2 14.200 - Ondine Achampong (Aylesbury Academy)

3 14.100 - Rebecca Downie (Amber Valley)

4 13.450 - Charlotte Booth (Park Wrekin)

5 13.350 - Amelie Morgan (The Academy)

6= 13.100 - Georgia-Mae Fenton (South Essex)

6= 13.100 - Grace Davies (Robin Hood)

Beam:​

1 13.750 - Ondine Achampong (Aylesbury Academy)

2 13.650 - Georgia-Mae Fenton (South Essex)

3 13.100 - Amelie Morgan (The Academy)

4 12.750 - Rebecca Downie (Amber Valley)

5 12.650 - Ema Kandalova (Tolworth)

6 12.100 - Abigail Martin (South Devon)

Floor:​

1 13.900 - Alice Kinsella (Park Wrekin)

2= 13.350 - Ondine Achampong (Aylesbury Academy)

2= 13.350 - Abigail Martin (South Devon)

4 12.750 - Amelie Morgan (The Academy)

5 12.650 - Lauryn Connor (Harrow)

6 12.500 - Shanna-Kae Grant (Leeds)

Has team GB published goals yet for the Olympic squad in terms of finals and medals? I am so curious to see how Becky's boom or bust performance will factor into team selection given her very low hit record but also the only one capable of brinigng in a potential huge score for an EF.

That was all very interesting. Splatfest, but that's baked in when you have AA leaning criteria plus designated selection events in the first weekend of March. The scoring was looser than the average GB domestic I'd say.

The biggest story is Amelie, probably. She looked pretty good, and if she were going to stay in the UK to focus on elite and/or GB were choosing the team a month later, I'd think she was very much in the mix. But I'm not sure if she's got enough time now, which will probably be to the relief of both Becky and GMF. Do we know if she's doing/making herself available for any more designated selection events?

Martin's definitely solidifying her top 3 on floor case. Unfortunately for her, it looks like her and Ruby Evans are going for the same spot, and she misses out by not having a DTY.

It's early season, but GMF could really do with starting to hit more. The inconsistency is more of a problem for her than it is for Becky, because at least we know that on Becky's best day she's going to bring in a huge number. Paradoxically, with Becky you can be surer of what you're getting.

I only vaguely clocked the MAG, but their Olympic selection is going to be a bloodbath.

Amelie qualified to British championships, which I think is a selection event. I suppose they could send her to Euros, but she’d have to stay in the UK longer.

Ondine seemingly improving her bars score (albeit with domestic scores here and only Cairo internationally to go by) also throws a spanner in the taking both GMF and Becky works.

Amelie qualified to British championships, which I think is a selection event. I suppose they could send her to Euros, but she’d have to stay in the UK longer.

Ondine seemingly improving her bars score (albeit with domestic scores here and only Cairo internationally to go by) also throws a spanner in the taking both GMF and Becky works.
Will Amelie go to the British too, do we know? It's two weeks away.

Well, she renewed her FIG licence so I assume is at least keeping options open to compete further.

Well, she renewed her FIG licence so I assume is at least keeping options open to compete further.
Oh of course, she wants Paris or today wouldn't have happened. But what I mean is, she's done a designated selection event now. She doesn't strictly have to do any more.

Surely to get any further, she’ll have to do the British to try for a place on the national team? (IIRC, NT is chosen at or shortly after British Champs)

Has team GB published goals yet for the Olympic squad in terms of finals and medals?
1. British Gymnastics is targeting a minimum of 1-2 medals from the Women's Artistic Gymnastics discipline with an overall British Gymnastics medal target range of 4-6.
Interesting that this isn’t as detailed as the Antwerp targets (included AA placements, number of event finalists, team target).

Now we have 2024 scores for everyone it’s interesting to look at these again:

IMG_5121.jpeg

Surely to get any further, she’ll have to do the British to try for a place on the national team? (IIRC, NT is chosen at or shortly after British Champs)
The selection criteria don't mention a requirement to be on the National Team already iirc. But it would seem a bit absurd to have an Olympian who wasn't! I'd hope in that situation there would be some way to add her.

Will Amelie go to the British too, do we know? It's two weeks away.
yes she is intending to go to the British. She looked really good I thought. Calm and collected as usual. I would say a very good first comp out for her. She's way more useful that Charlotte Booth. Alice and Ondine also looked really good and Abi Martin had improved form on floor and vault.

By the way we don't have a national 'team', we have a national squad and teams for each event are selected from that squad.

Carlos was awesome. Up close I couldn't believe how high his vaults were and how fast he sprints down the runway.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back