British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Her bars will be very interesting this weekend then, since she hasn't competed an elite bars routine since Tokyo nor has she trained a release on bars since joining Utah afawk.
They will! I am very curious to see how she looks.

Stream available for English championships Via gym data.
All the WAG gymnasts in Paris or Euros contention are on in sub 6, starting 5.50ish. MAG senior tomorrow.

I don't know the British gymnasts well enough to id them on sight, but the bb i watched was a combo of really good and really shaky.

General warm up notes
Looks like Kinsella has gone back to her candle mount. Downie balked on her acro series four times before getting it. Unfortunately I missed her bars. Achampong did a good full bar routine.

My stream has gone to 1/10 frames now that the competition has started so it’s basically unwatchable. I think Kinsella fell from beam.

Giving up on this. Saw 26 stills of Achampong’s beam. All I can tell you is that none of them were on the floor.

Giving up on this. Saw 26 stills of Achampong’s beam. All I can tell you is that none of them were on the floor.
She got 13.750 according to the live scores. Assuming beam not floor.

Last edited:
So far, Alice has fallen on BB, Becky on FX (though scored a 12.1 with a .5 ND on top of the fall) and GMF on UB

Amelie UB:

And now Becky on bars too! Turning into a bit of a splatfest.

Amelie's bars were interesting. She was very solid, but rusty. You can tell she's not competed a routine of that difficulty in some time. But the issues were execution, she always looked like she was going through comfortably. Got 13.35, and will probably end up 2nd on bars assuming Alice hits. I wonder if she's left enough time?

Erm, were we all aware that Carlos Yulo has turned

And now Becky on bars too! Turning into a bit of a splatfest.

Amelie's bars were interesting. She was very solid, but rusty. You can tell she's not competed a routine of that difficulty in some time. But the issues were execution, she always looked like she was going through comfortably. Got 13.45. I wonder if she's left enough time?
Is she the only one who has gone clean?

Sounds like I didn't miss much. Although I kind of want to see Becky balk her acto series four times. Four times!

The live scores are now showing 14.1 for Becky, from 6.6 D score. The scoring has been quite lenient, but have to suspect that's getting changed. They've corrected/revised down a few so far.

I thought the balking four times was in warm-ups, not in the actual routine?

Morgan is looking like she'll be in the mix, at least.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back