Backlash to FIG's decision not to stream Qualifications

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I would have paid for a stream.

Right! The irony of the whole thing is that tens of thousands of people would have happily paid $10 to have a reliable livestream for the three days of prelims that weren’t being broadcast.

Last edited:
They could have easily sold virtual tickets for a small fee. Perhaps with some extra content of some kind of bonus so they don’t just decide to have it all behind a paywall.

They’re great, but my $50 is specifically for the NCAA viewer experience.

I think access to live coverage is a privilege so I don’t feel bad about missing out. But no broadcasting of qualifications at all before the competition ends is wild.

So Peacock in a tweet say that replays will be available.

They then, in a subsequent tweet, say that replays won’t be available.

Then, USAG re-tweets the original Peacock tweet, to remind them that they promised replays would be available.

What’s going on?!

You have to have Peacock Premium for replays…regular Peacock will not have the replays available.

Same. I had something not too dissimilar for the Olympics, with a choice of whichever event I wanted to watch and access to all routines for a year. That was £30 on some kind of offer, would normally be £60 apparently. I would love to be able to pay for that kind of coverage at every major competition.

I think I have premium as an Xfinity subscriber. I’m sorry for all my complaining in the other thread if that’s the case.

Last edited:
I think I have premium as an Xfinity subscriber.
Yes if you have Xfinity you have Peacock Premium, Comcast owns NBC so it’s included as part of your cable package (We have it this way as well.)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if/when the replays from today will be on Peacock Premium? I can’t find it, the only replays I saw are from Classic and Winter Cup.

I can find the TF in my Peacock app on my Xfinity box, but it updated recently from saying “X hours ago” to “No replay available”, which sounds decidedly not promising.

Not to bitch too much, but I was good and didn’t sneak any peeks on here and irrationally hoped I could avoid spoilers. My company announced a fairly painful pay cut and round of layoffs while the meet was happening, and once I gave up on Peacock posting a replay I risked opening YouTube, which kindly provided me with full podium spoilers in my first recommended video’s title. T

That sucks that you got spoilered (and the job stuff) but man, the journey was cuh-ray-zee. Totally worth watching if you can find it.

Last edited:
Oh I definitely plan on watching, if only to count the falls!

If the lack of coverage is going to continue what are our options in the future?

I’d like to listen to a live radio-type broadcast if we can’t have video. It would have been better than the nothing :poop: sandwich of MAG Qualifications.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back