2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 2 (6/30)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So, was there an official reason Shane Wiskus wasn't there?

(Also, I saw Paul and Morgan Hamm in my hotel lobby. There might have been some of the other guys there but, I was heading out and didn't want to stare because it takes me a long time to place a face if they aren't in Star Trek.)

Jordan Chiles is so lucky to be a 2-time Olympian. No way she's on this team if she hadn't accidentally stolen Ursula the Sea Witch's enchanted seashell at that UCLA beach party and brokered a deal to give it back in return for a spell that ensures she makes it to the Olympics. Don't make deals with witches, Shilese and Skye did not deserve to be hexed like this.

I know something we can argue about.

I have what might be an unpopular worry: I worry that under the Olympic pressure, Jordan will once again fall.

She was rock solid in 2021 heading into the Games and then botched two events in Qualification and scored in the 11s on FX in Team Finals. I fear the same sort of thing happening this time.

Why should Jordan do AA over Jade?
I didn't start out trying to give Jordan an AA spot. It just turned out that way.

I operated on the starting premise that Simone and Suni should be allowed to do AA in Qualification.

That meant Rivera has to sit out VT since Jade and Jordan are stronger there and both have two vaults.

On UB, Rivera and Chiles are IMO competing against each other for the final spot in Team Finals. I’d want to see who puts up a higher score in Quals, which means sitting out the weakest on UB: Jade. That takes her out of the AA.

On FX, Simone, Jade, and Jordan are the strongest 3. That leaves Hezly sitting out.

BB was the tricky one. Hezly should compete in TF (provided she scores top 3 for the U.S. in Qualification) because she’s stronger than Jordan and Jade. That means that one of Jordan and Jade has to sit out.

I already have Jade sitting out UB, so putting her on BB won’t let her compete AA. I figured let Jordan compete BB so she can compete AA. But really it’s a toss up between Jade and Jordan on BB. And I don’t particularly trust Jordan at the Olympics.

I'm curious who other people would put up in Qualification.

Potential individual Olympic medals for Team USA WAG

AA: Simone and Suni

VT: Simone and Jade

UB: Suni

BB: Simone and Suni

FX: Simone and Jade (with Jordan having a possibility)

Almost 10% of U.S. children have a parent who has been incarcerated. I'm so happy that some child is looking at Jordan and Gina Chiles tonight and seeing triumph and hope.
You know what? You're right. My dad is a retired parole officer and helped ex-cons get back on their feet for years. I should have known better. Mea culpa.

I won't retract my lolz tho, because Mama Chiles seems a little loopy anyway. I get serious woo-woo crystal-healing vibes from her.

Same. She's so personable, I actually want her gymnastics to improve.
I'm not a fan of Josclyn's gymnastics, but I do like her a lot as a person. She has lots of class, good sportsmanship, and is well-spoken in interviews.

Agreed. Considering she is old enough to read this shit. Armchair haters get carried away. I am very happy to see her improvements, and there have been many.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back