2024 US Olympic Trials

2024 U.S. Olympics Trials WAG/MAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I watched some of Women Night 1 with a Russian-French guy who's not into sports.

Me: Are you familiar with Simone Biles?
Him: I'm not.
Me:
westernwlnd-mr-krabs.gif

I watched some of Women Night 1 with a Russian-French guy who's not into sports.

Me: Are you familiar with Simone Biles?
Him: I'm not.
Me:
View attachment 10537
My British friends who aren’t into sports have mostly heard of Simone Biles, but almost none of my Russian friends who aren’t into sports have. I think that outside of the US, there’s a big difference in her profile in English speaking countries v non English speaking

Because everyone hates duo screens, especially for something like gymnastics where it’s only a maximum of 90 seconds each event. There were individual event streams on peacock, which is a much better solution
And yet, ABC/ESPN is willing to do duo and quad screens. Not everyone wants to be watching or can watch a stream on their computer and a stream on their tv, like I was doing. Plus I gave up on the main coverage because they can't even treat women's gymnastics like men's gymnastics.

Last edited:
And yet, ABC/ESPN is willing to do duo and quad screens. Not everyone wants to be watching or can watch a stream on their computer and a stream on their tv, like I was doing. Plus I gave up on the main coverage because they can't even treat women's gymnastics like men's gymnastics.
Split screens work well for some sports. It doesn’t work well for a sport like gymnastics where things are over very quickly

So I'm watching the 20k racewalk and NBC is using a duo screen. Why can't they do this for gymnastics?
Honestly I'm finding the split screen a bit hard to follow. I think the intention they had with it was maybe to have one screen focus on men and the other focus on women? But I'm finding I prefer to watch with a single screen.

Y'all need to think outside the box. What if there we had NFL Red Zone for gymnastics? The screen would alternate between the most difficult skills on different routines. And RG version would switch between individual tosses.

This is a shitpost. Red zone for gymnastics would be a terrible idea.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back