2024 Olympic Articles and Media

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So, you all knew this was the case, but here is an article on it: https://sports.yahoo.com/team-usa-swimmers-reveal-one-162630082.html
C2970F7B-FE42-462A-BB86-FF8429DEF46F_1_105_c.jpeg

Beyonce introduces Team USA (geoblocked video).

I am a little befuddled. Why are Olympians taking public transportation to podium training -- should they not be provided transportation? And why would non athletes be expected to get up and give them their seats? I may be missing something so someone clue me in
It’s not public transport, it’s the buses that go from the village to the venues. The rules are that athletes should get priority for seating.

It’s not public transport, it’s the buses that go from the village to the venues. The rules are that athletes should get priority for seating.
Yup. Got it. Thanks MC

Y'all, what is in the boxes they are getting on the medal stands? Their wands for the Wizarding world? Maps of France? Vuvuzelas?

Y'all, what is in the boxes they are getting on the medal stands? Their wands for the Wizarding world? Maps of France? Vuvuzelas?

According to this the first 8 finishers get a diploma, maybe it's that? They're also all supposed to be getting a mascot plush with shoes the color of their medal. Google is being obnoxiously unhelpful on what's specifically in the box.

Thank you. Though they are all hand drawn but also the same? ...very confused
I don't know... that part was unclear. I took it to mean at least the original poster was a hand-drawn illustration since it said it took 4 months and 2,000 hours to create. They must be unique in some way though because reproductions can be purchased from the Paris Olympics souvenir shop online?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back