2024 Olympic Articles and Media

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

My nephew is 19 now but when he was little, the ONLY sports he ever showed any interest in were soccer, and gymnastics. He saw men competing on rings in 2012 and wanted big muscles like theirs.

But it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a gym with a boys' team!

I guess I'm surprised that more former athletes haven't become coaches. Has USAG announced any kind of plan to help build the men's coaching pipeline?
My nephew is 19 now but when he was little, the ONLY sports he ever showed any interest in were soccer, and gymnastics. He saw men competing on rings in 2012 and wanted big muscles like theirs.

But it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a gym with a boys' team!

Noah Lyles tested postive for COVID and still competed to win bronze. I guess testing positive for COVID doesn't keep you from having to withdraw? Maybe because the event was outdoors??

Noah Lyles tested postive for COVID and still competed to win bronze. I guess testing positive for COVID doesn't keep you from having to withdraw? Maybe because the event was outdoors??

At least one swimmer tested positive for COVID and still competed, so yeah, I don't think it forces you to withdraw. There was so much coughing and sneezing going on at the Olympics. My mom and I were surprised we didn't come down with anything.

My friend caught COVID coming back from a Mexico honeymoon. She started feeling sick on the plane. Her wife who sat next to her and slept in the same bed the night before she tested positive, never had any symptoms and never tested positive for COVID. She went back to work and wore a mask. Granted she is an assitant principal and no kids in building, so she was also able to stay 6 feet or more from others and informed anyone coming near her that she was negative but was exposed to COVID.

The latest summer update we were given is that once we return to work, if we test positive for COVID we can continue to work, just mask up. However, if a fever is present we must take a sick day. Unfortunately they removed the extra sick days we could use if we contracted COVID, so I imagine colleagues will opt to work if they are feelig physically able to do so because of our limited amount of sick days. Some of what we must use for medical appointments.

August 8th was Simone's dad's 75th birthday. They had a cake and celebrations while watching the track and field events in the evening. Simone told Snoop on the primetime broadcast that it was the first time she had watched any other events at an Olympics, so I'm happy for her that she's getting this downtime to take in the rest of the Olympics:

Someone made a comic of the cute moment on the BB podium.

20240809_164823.jpg

I'm really surprised elmo didn't get stabbed by any of those talons. I'm seriously impressed that anyone can do gymnastics with those!
Seriously. I got fake nails one time for my senior prom and spent the entire time walking around like Edward Scissorhands. They didn't even last 24 hours. Never again. I had them as short as they could get them, too. Doing gymnastics with those is a very impressive talent.

Seriously. I got fake nails one time for my senior prom and spent the entire time walking around like Edward Scissorhands. They didn't even last 24 hours. Never again. I had them as short as they could get them, too. Doing gymnastics with those is a very impressive talent.
I also think wearing false eyelashes in a chalky environment is a talent (hell any eye makeup) because i would look like a raccoon 10 minutes in from rubbing my itchy eyes.

I also think wearing false eyelashes in a chalky environment is a talent (hell any eye makeup) because i would look like a raccoon 10 minutes in from rubbing my itchy eyes.
I wonder if they were wearing stage makeup? It holds up better under lights and sweat.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back