2024 NCAA Week 1 01/01/2024-01/07/2024

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Nothing yet. Big Ten took care of it last year so we shall see this year. They have 4 of the top Big Ten teams competing (Illinois, Minnesota, MSU, Michigan) so hopefully we will get something. Would be nice for Pac 12 to do something too, since they have 4 teams (Cal, UCLA, OSU, Washington)

SEC has Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky.

They are advertising rivalries between Cal and UCLA, Michigan and MSU, and Auburn and Bama. So you would think the respective conferences would cover them on their network.

We shall see.

Clarification is this an actual magazine. Or this just means you will do a weekly recap of the NCAA for the week? the weekly recap will be nice to have.

Ohio St gave LSU a run for their money. Konnor's layout was beautiful. The second fall for Warga on beam looked really painful, looked like a potential shoulder/rib injury.

Hourly News
Super 16 Session 1: Finished.
Final scores are
Denver 196.850, Illinois 195.725, Washington 195.100, SJSU 194.950
VT: Ulrich, Hutchinson 9.900
UB: Hutchinson 9.925
BB: Mabanta 9.925
FX: Hutchinson 9.85
AA: Hutchinson 39.525
Keystone Classic: Finished
Final scores are
Penn State 194.725, Pitt 193.100, Penn 192.475, Temple 192.250
Piedrahita 9.875
UB: Stallings 9.875
BB: Salcedo 9.900
FX: Salcedo 9.850
AA: Piedrahita 39.000
Hamline at UW-Oshkosh: Finished
No stats so far retrieved.
Nebraska at Iowa State: Finished
Nebraska 196.125, Iowa State 195.825
VT: Josie Bergstrom (ISU) – 9.900
UB: Emma Spence and Kinsey Davis (Nebraska) – 9.875
BB: Noelle Adams (ISU) – 9.875
FX: Noelle Adams (ISU) – 9.900
AA: Hannah Loyim (ISU) -39.050
Ball State, Rutgers, Utah State at North Carolina: Finished
Final scores are
Ball State 194.925, North Carolina 193.525, Rutgers 193.400, Utah State 192.375
VT: Lali Dekadoize, Suki Pfister 9.925
UB: Isabelle Schaefer, Avery Balser 9.875
BB: Lexi Aragon, Emily Leese 9.850
FX: Victoria Henry 9.900
AA: Victoria Henry 39.275
Ohio State at LSU: Finished.
Final scores are
LSU 196.975, Ohio State 196.775
VT: Haleigh Bryant 9.950
UB: Kiya Johnson 9.900
BB: Aleah Finnegan 9.950
FX: Ella Hodges 9.950
AA: Haleigh Bryant 39.675
Boise State at Utah: 3rd Rotation
Current scores are
Utah: 147.850
Boise State: 135.475

Last edited:
Ohio State is definitely a sleeper team to watch.

I know PAC12 and SEC constantly get talked about in terms of depth, but Big Ten have multiple teams that are in the hunt/improving. Minnesota has dropped of a bit, but Ohio State and Michigan State are genuine Nationals contenders, Michigan is still dangerous but with some routines needing replacing, and teams like Maryland and Iowa are also improving drastically.

Big Tens are going to be wide open this year.

Overall, it is still early, but I think we are going to see more upsets at the regional semi-finals this year. The parity in NCAA gymnastics has never been greater.

Ohio St gave LSU a run for their money. Konnor's layout was beautiful. The second fall for Warga on beam looked really painful, looked like a potential shoulder/rib injury.
Her shoulder line looked completely crooked as she walked off - not sure if it was just pain affecting her posture, or something else. Awful fall, though. It must be so scary to hit the beam on the way down and not have any control over how you land.

Two 10.0 SV vaults from UCLA. They really just don’t care.

Every single season people say it will get better soon, and it never does.

Her shoulder line looked completely crooked as she walked off - not sure if it was just pain affecting her posture, or something else. Awful fall, though. It must be so scary to hit the beam on the way down and not have any control over how you land.
And she was covering her mouth almost like she hurt her jaw

I mean Katelyn exhibitioned another which kind of counts as competing it? I also really think Paige's Y1.5 will show up soon, though I guess we'll see. Vault was their second-highest event score today though I think, so less worried about that right now.

I mean should they have put some not ready ones out there? Maybe yes according to you then you could have proof they care 🙄 blowing out your knees on a vault that needs more time is stupid and props to the coaches for prioritizing safety.

In theory they also have Brooklyn Moors' pike half, though I'm not sure where she's at in terms of health and readiness.

Campbell is always going to do a FTY.
There are other 10.0 vaults but maybe not quite ready. I would imagine we will start to see more as the season progresses. We have seen them in training, so there is definitely some care.
If a 10.0 vault is going to incur .2 plus in deductions, you might as well go for a clean and stuck 9.950 vault.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back