2024 NCAA Regionals (NOW! 4/3/24)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Difference between regional scores and NQS. Thought people might find this interesting. Sorry for my crappy writing.

Attachments

• IMG_2133.jpg
    IMG_2133.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
So after the first full day of regionals (sorry play-in meets) OU is still untouchable and shows no vulnerabilities. I thought they had a meh meet, but still easily hit 198. LSU had an impressive floor rotation, but I am not seeing that peaking rise that would suggest threatening OU. Everyone else cannot count a fall or there will be serious ramifications. We will see what happens in the Gainesville and Berkley regionals today, but home scoring does seem to be in effect so that's good news for Florida and Cal fans.

Difference between regional scores and NQS. Thought people might find this interesting. Sorry for my crappy writing.
It is interesting. We also have to remember that NQS is mostly from the result of two judges average on events instead of four judges at regionals with the low and high dropped to average.

ASU appears to be having the best day of the four teams. They could win this outright if UCLA doesn't hold it together.

ETA: after three rotations, the top three teams are separated by 0.125. Commence the nailbiting.

I think ASU has passed UCLA for first going into the last rotation. Beam judging seems to be a bit generous today, so that's good news for UCLA.

It is tight from top to bottom.
After 3
Arizona State 147.825
UCLA 147.800
Denver 147.700
Washington 147.500

Washington having a great meet too but end on VT and don't have any 10 SV I don't believe. So they will need help.

Chae Campbell replacing Rosen on beam.
INTERESTING.

Hopefully Rosen is not hurt, and they plan to put the veteran on beam instead given Rosen's bars fall.

Floor scoring in Berkeley has been A Thing. Denver has to be feeling very confident finishing on floor here

shaky beam from Emily Lee in the lead off, they normally expect a 9.9 ish performance from her.

Denver's raking in the scores on floor so far. UCLA generally shaky on beam judging by the scores.

ASU is hitting bars. 9.900 for their 3rd up. With Scarhf, White, and Clark to go

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back