2023 Xfinity Nationals Senior WAG Day 1 discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I wonder if Shilese has any upgrades in the coffers. Because if she can get a couple of upgrades and hit, she could go toe-to-toe with Simone.

Bars
  1. Shilese Jones - 14.900
  2. Skye Blakely - 14.400
  3. Simone Biles - 14.350
  4. Jordan Chiles - 14.200
  5. Katelyn Jong - 14.050
  6. Leanne Wong - 14.000
  7. Myli Lew - 13.900
  8. Alicia Zhou - 13.800

I think the highest scoring team tonight is Biles, Jones, Blakely, Lincoln and Sumanasekera

Beam
  1. Simone Biles - 14.450
  2. Skye Blakely - 14.050
  3. Tiana Sumanasekera - 13.850
  4. Leanne Wong - 13.750
  5. Madray Johnson - 13.500
  6. Shilese Jones - 13.450
  7. Amelia Disidore - 13.300
    8T: Kaliya Lincoln - 13.250
    8T: Sunisa Lee - 13.250

Floor
  1. Simone Biles - 14.800
  2. Kaliya Lincoln - 14.350
  3. Shilese Jones - 14.050
  4. Kayla DiCello - 13.500
  5. Nola Matthews - 13.400
    6T. Leanne Wong - 13.350
    6T. Amelia Disidore - 13.350
    6T. Jade Carey - 13.350

Right now I’ve got the same team but Wong on the team and Chiles as alternate; they’re really interchangeable right now. I’d put Wong on beam instead of Jones in Finals though.

I considered that too but Wong relies on some dubious connections and Jones didn’t do full difficulty

Rich, Roberson adds .250 on VT over Blakely, based on today. In the event that one of the other four gets injured, your team is f*cked on bars in TQ if they have to count Roberson’s score. Like they’ll qualify to TF sure, but it won’t be pretty. At this point, I almost don’t see a path for Roberson at all… Wong nailing today was huge. She and Lincoln were tonight’s big winners, aside from the two superheroes at the top

Last edited:
I feel like ever since the WTC put Jordan Chiles as an example of bad posture on beam, she’s cursed in international competition. Kinda shady to do that for actively competing gymnasts imo. I’d put Leanne up over Jordan for sure.

That’s the rub. She gave away at least a full point on her beam tonight, half of that being the hand touch on her acro series.

Rich, Roberson adds .250 on VT over Blakely, based on today. In the event that one of the other four gets injured, your team is f*cked on bars in TQ if they have to count Roberson’s score. Like they’ll qualify to TF sure, but it won’t be pretty. At this point, I almost don’t see a path for Roberson at all… Wong nailing today was huge. She and Lincoln were tonight’s big winners, aside from the two superheroes at the top
Roberson wouldnt do bars

Lives scores show 14.05. Possibly the score was bumped up. Equally possible USAG entered the wrong score.

isn’t qualifications 4 up? Sure, only 3 count but still… she doesn’t have a release move… 🙊

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back