2023 World Championships & Pan American Games Team Trials (USA)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The fix is definitely in. But also, you bring the gymnast with the Cheng if both are relatively equal on floor, and Roberson is among the top ranked athletes in the world on floor. She had made her case before tonight. (I say with deep sorrow and regret etc.)

Miller is on the highest scoring team today but that is largely due to Shilese’s low UB score, which is a rarity luckily, not the norm.

I can’t imagine they’ll take a 1 event gymnast whose value to the team relies on the World UB silver medalist missing her set.

I just rewatched Chiles on floor and she didn’t fulfill the front tumbling requirement. What happened there? Did the judges miss it?

I think she is on the World Championship team competing vault and floor. Too many of the NCAA veterans have faltered.

Well, we literally know that she balked, because she has never caught the pak that way in her entire career. She clearly intended to combine the skills. But I will also not comment on Roberson’s “score” lol.

You can’t tell from that video if Shilese’s feet hit the mat after the pak because the ground is not in frame.

But I saw no loss of rhythm that would indicate a hit.

Regardless, some of the judging was shitty today.

You can’t balk a skill if your feet don’t touch the bar. The angle of the video is horrible so I’m just going to assume she hit her feet on the floor prior to the cast.

Dang, so brushing her feet after the pak cost her a fall AND she loses .2 CV? I hate this code.

Which she would not have done if she hadn’t balked the toe-on.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back