2023 Pan Am Gymnastics Championship (Worlds Qualifier) May 26-28

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Roberson certainly is a force next quad. Her Cheng may not be ready this year, but she has the potential to perform it next year or so. Her floor difficulty is huge already and she consistently scores above 14. If she keeps hitting beam, she builds a stronger case to join the worlds team this year, but of course it will depend on others’ progress as well.

With longterm good coaching, improvement is possible. Even Aly Raisman cleaned up her form somewhat in her second quad.

The irony being that Raisman actually had quite nice form in 2010, her first year as a senior. But then they went all in on difficulty after worlds that year and her form went in the shitter. Her difficulty increased dramatically, but the deterioration of her overall gymnastics from 2010 to 2012 is remarkable.

(Although her leaps were always absolutely horrid)

Last edited:
I just think if you look at the stars and our misfortune, we are due for a Roberson. It’s been like, 7 years since Raisman, and several since Skinner. The orbital reentry is nigh. I’ve already consigned myself to seeing her for years to come. It’s just our lot in life. She will make the team or get alternate from now til 2028, and pledge Florida but end up signing to Utah, and we will still callously be judging her form issues in 2031.

Sydney Barros injured her knee at Central American Championships. If it’s serious and she’s out long term, does FIG go to the next eligible athlete? If so, who would that be?

I believe you’re correct that they go down the list for withdrawals. Stella Diaz of Puerto Rico would be the replacement.

Last edited:
Shame about Barros…I wonder if she’s been carrying that injury because in the team final, Barros only did bars.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back