2023 European Gymnastics Championship, April 11-16 Antalya, Turkey

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Whitlock is out due to injury. National champion Tobin taking his place.

Last edited:
I totally forgot that Eddie Penev and Kevin Penev are both competing for Bulgaria again. And Yordan Aleksandrov is still competing for Bulgaria. That’s 3 guys from the US!

Also in injury news - may have been posted, but missed if so. Bartolini out for Italy MAG

Tisha Volleman is out now for the Netherlands, illness rather than injury this time, Vera van Pol is in.

More seriously, Ana Derek (who was on the initial registration for Euros but has been replaced at some point) has announced she has torn an achilles.

We are getting to the stage now where major injuries are going to make it difficult to get to Paris, especially for those who need to qualify as individuals.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what occurs between Sanne and Vera given their history.

Let’s share links for coverage.

Qualifications, which will include the team rankings portion of the event, will apparently be streamed here.

Finals here

https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/europeangymnastics/

In the UK, BBC are showing finals.

@irichluck21 perhaps you could edit your original post to include the streaming links, for ease?

Last edited:
GB are vaulting now, it’s their third event. Jess has just done an ok if somewhat piked down DTY, which may answer the questions about who’s doing AA…

So surely Ondine is off bars?
Jess, GMF, Kinsella =AA
Ondine= VT/BB/FX
Becky= UB

Looks that way. I didn’t see all of bars and the streams have stopped working now but they all did a few kips etc, then the other four did full routines and she didn’t. It was Alice, GMF, Becky and then Jess. One of the better bars routines I’ve seen Jess do, usual caveats about not being under competition pressure obv apply.

There was a bit of splatting from GB, Becky on the Ezhova and Jess on floor. Vault looked fine. I haven’t seen beam yet.

Personally I think it’s a big mistake to rush Jess into doing AA. But I understand the temptation. Having the top 2 placed European gymnasts from worlds is 2 massive darts to throw at winning the AA. BG is very much trying to drill in an “expect to medal” philosophy into the gymnasts at the moment

Personally I think it’s a big mistake to rush Jess into doing AA. But I understand the temptation. Having the top 2 placed European gymnasts from worlds is 2 massive darts to throw at winning the AA. BG is very much trying to drill in an “expect to medal” philosophy into the gymnasts at the moment
100% agreed.
Additionally, Jess helps out the team tremendously if she hits and GBR is likely looking to try to grab that team title away from Italy. Team gold is also another likely temptation other than the AA, which you stated.

Speaking of team golds, how do we think GB’s much changed MAG team will fare tomorrow?

Italy are without Bartolini but still a very good team, Spain will be hit hard by their injuries. Maybe an opportunity for Turkey if they can reproduce their form from Euros last year?

Jess and Ondine showed some killer DTYs in podium. Easily a 9+ E for each.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back