2023 European Gymnastics Championship, April 11-16 Antalya, Turkey

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Nope. I suspect BG might host a friendly comp (a la GBR vs SWE vs WAL pre-Liverpool) in the run up to worlds but there’s nothing big. Italy has Serie A finals in May. Hopefully they’ll get stronger with Asia being further down the recovery path and having Maggio back.

I think there was a highly artificial selective Liverpool score combination that put GBR ahead of the USA. It would be great to see a tight TF battle.

Clearly it’s what the code is looking for, and it is less wobbly than most. I don’t know though, I just never feel when watching it that it is one of the best beam routines in the World.

according to this video, her tkatchev half was downgraded… did it happened in the previous round as well?

Last edited:
Brutal for Kovacs to lose that down to a silly mistake like hitting her feet on the low bar on her favourite apparatus. But it’s really heartening to see her hit two strong AA performances and make such improvements at 23. Her beam was brilliant. Presumably she will look to slot the double double back in on floor for worlds and if she can clean up her UB handstands, she’s looking at mid to high 55s.

Last edited:
RAFIKI would like to give bonus points to anyone not finishing with a triple twist.

Where are you watching? The BBC are a routine behind I think. We’re waiting for Milan’s score, which I already know.

I Gad to switch to Eurosport because of BBC being behind and knowing results before I’ve seen routines is no fun

I wasn’t checking but i opened Twitter before BBC showed the first routine. I didn’t stay on there once I realised but it annoyed me a bit

Last edited:
The BBC appear to have caught up now. They’re introducing the pommels and vault athletes together, so it looks like we’re going to alternate. Which is annoying as I was hoping to go out after bars.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back