2022 World Gymnastics Championships WAG All Around Final (Thursday 11/03)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

she also doesn’t get the lack of height
I’ve never watched the Gadirova’s live as I left the UK before they turned senior; but this is the comment I hear over and over again by people who have. The height in their leaps and the amplitude in their vaults is BIG. Very difficult to get that impression on a 2D screen.

Anyone know what happened to Casabuena on beam? She had a 2.6 E Score although managed a 5.0 D Score. Injury or just lots of falls?

I’ve never watched the Gadirova’s live as I left the UK before they turned senior; but this is the comment I hear over and over again by people who have. The height in their leaps and the amplitude in their vaults is BIG. Very difficult to get that impression on a 2D screen.
It drives me potty that she’s never controlled her DTY. There’s always a large step or jump and given her block (though it’s not as good as last year) she should have managed to land one nicely by now.

I’ve mentioned her leaps before but the height of her double pike beam dismount really stands out in person (Cardiff/Liverpool).

Heduit has a lovely switch ring

I’m sure we will debate forever but she’s the bronze medalist in reality! And I love to hear the good too. Hopefully people don’t hate on Jess herself.

BTW Shilese sounds happy.

Last edited:
It would be fun to see some comparisons showing the amplitude different athletes get. When Simone was a big sensation we got lots of comparison photos and videos. Are they so hard to do?

Last edited:
I loved where they overlayed McKayla’s vault and Kohei (?)'s vault in London. I wish they would set the cameras up to do that more and overlay them. All those yurchenko layouts, it would be interesting to see who got the farthest on it, who got the highest, etc.

Maggio is the new Huang Qiushuang. Italy filling in as top European headcase in Russia’s absence. I’m still bitter about them blowing TFs even though I knew it was inevitable.

It’s probably cold comfort for her, but even Maggio she had stuck the dismount instead of falling, she wouldn’t have medalled (she would have tied for 5th with Black). And I think besides her fall the rest of her routines were done pretty much as well as she could do them.

Let me start by saying I’m super happy Andrade got the win here. Hypothetically, if Melnikova and Listunova had been here… does she still win? Andrade averaged just over 14.2 an event. That’s a pretty big number though we know she could have scored even higher.

I think 1. Andrade, 2. Listunova, 3. Melnikova is most likely, and Listunova would have a very real chance to win.

What I really like about here is that even in the context of nearly all of us at least questioning whether Gadirova deserved bronze, if not outright disagreeing with it, we’re still talking about what the rationale might have been and things we could’ve overlooked.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back