2022 World Gymnastics Championships WAG All Around Final (Thursday 11/03)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Ana Barbosu. E score was 7.1 and change. I don’t honk it was judged with the Gadirova pen but I’m curious to see where this one ends up.

I have a 6.9E (A4). Are they saying the score is too high or too low? Looks fine to me.

9.7 for me. With the step it was a 9.6 and the FIG panel gave 9.6 IIRC.

Visser was the only gymnast they didn’t show on the Peacock feed. That’s pretty good for NBC!

The whole gymternet rejoices with Andrade’s victory. No one is talking about her mistakes because she is so clearly the best of the field. I don’t have strong feelings about Jones but a lot of her gymnastics really shines. I’m overwhelmed that we get to have years of debates on whether GB gymnast X or Y should have won the first world AA medal for GB. I’m not sure, I need to see the routines again. Quite the heart break for Alice but it’s still an amazing achievement and brilliant to see her hit beam and full difficulty floor after TF. That extra dance series and overtime or the step on the bars dismount was the difference tonight. Thrilled for Jess and loved her reaction at the end. She’s made improvements since Tokyo but some of her gymnastics has degraded as well. She really rises to the occasion (see her crashed 2X2X in TF warm ups) and I’m very impressed with how she’s performed here.

I…am not reading 600+ posts. Sounds like it was a riveting competition, though! GBR is finally beginning to realize the potential we’ve been waiting for since 2012.

Now let Andrade rest until next season. We need her knees to be at their best so she can win AA in Paris.

If that was for the routine I posted, they thought it was low.
Thanks. The score was fine, and was in line with what they were (mostly) giving out today.

She has way too many pauses. Like 5. Lots of rhythm. Lots of feet. That split full is a complete no. An adjustment or two. Her splits aren’t great. Minimal dance. Nothing complex.

That’s just the Code right now.

Last edited:
Jess is getting a lot of hate on twitter and reddit right now. I really hate that side of the gymternet.

Agreed. I think many of the gymternet rabble forget that while she has several inbuilt deductions, she also doesn’t get the lack of height, pausing and artistry deductions that so many gymnasts get.

ETA It’s the judges that are scoring her anyway - don’t hate the gymnast people.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that I was immensely impressed by Black and Kuusikko tonight. Ellie is Ellie but Kuusikko was a lovely surprise.

I’m overwhelmed that we get to have years of debates on whether GB gymnast X or Y should have won the first world AA medal for GB.
But the answer is neither.

Ellie Black is the real Bronze medalist at this event.

Don’t even try to start. Thinking the results of a competition should have been different is not “hating” on a gymnast.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back