2022 World Gymnastics Championships WAG All Around Final (Thursday 11/03)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Random fact about the qualifiers for the AA final. Before Saraiva withdrew, every gymnast who qualified for the AA final scored at least 12 on every event in qualification.

Two gymnasts, Ondine Achampong and Aline Friess, scored at least 12 on every event but missed out under the two per country rule. Egypt’s Zeina Sharaf was the only gymnast to score 12 on every event and not make the final without the involvement of that rule. Everyone else who competed AA in qualifications had at least one score less than 12.

She could probably fall twice, maybe three times, and still win, right? The gold should be secure.

The excitement is the race for silver and bronze.

I don’t know, three times is a lot and usually doesn’t equal exactly -3.00. Broken connections or technical errors that caused the fall will count as well. And things like that second vault on qualifications are way more costly as well, obviously.

I’d say one (normal) fall would probably be safe.

She could probably fall twice, maybe three times, and still win, right? The gold should be secure.
Not at all. Shilese can score within point and a half of her with hit routines.

Rebeca with 1 beam fall (no loss of connection or requirements) in TF scored 56.698

Shilese didn’t have her best day in TF, scoring lower on every event than QF, but her 3 event total was 41.999. With her QF beam, that would be 55.199. Her QF AA was 55.7 something.

Last edited:
I think she’s clearly the frontrunner, but i mean, that was also the case in Tokyo and there she did collapse a bit on floor, she could have definitely won gold, but she didn’t throw everything away. I think it’ll be what it’ll be, but she knows this kind of pressure

My hopes for the competition:
  1. Rebeca puts it together and wins it
  2. Shilese’s routines get the respect they deserve
  3. Melanie has her best day and a little redemption
  4. Jade cleans up the entry into her cheng.

Another person has withdrawn, but not sure who, because the second reserve is in: EDIT: Apparently it’s Tang Xijing who is withdrawn

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back