2022 World Gymnastics Championships Team Qualifications (Saturday 10/29 SD 1&2- Sunday 10/30 SD 3-10)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yeah, I’d take this any day too. I just mean it isn’t like she completely maxed out here and she is more than capable of replicating this in the final.

(I’m more than happy to wait for the Paris 2024 AA final to see her have a perfect AA day)

Why are the bubble scores (like, 6th rn) for EF? Interesting for ITA and GBR watching.

Word. Imagine being a d panel judge at this point, you’d be like “bitch don’t you even DARE tell me that’s a ring”
I’m not sure how you can expect judges to be at the top of their game for this long. Not fair to the athletes and not fair to the judges.

VT number 8 is 13.416, and I’m pretty sure there is only one or at a push 2 gymnasts doing 2 VTs now.
UB is 14.4 for 8th place, 14.533 for 7th, which I think Italy can overtake if they hit.
BB has Andrade at 13.416, then Sakaguchi at 13.466 for 7th and Kovacs at 13.5 for 6th.
FX is tied at 13.6 for 7th and 8th, and then in 6th is a 13.666 and 5th at a 13.8- there were scores from Italy and GB that beat all of those at Euros.

Last edited:
I actually don’t think it’s that bad except for beam, where the rules are so stupid that they never agree and have to fight it out all day.

i think floor will see four new finalists from GB and Italy.

Beam 2 or 3.

Bars, 2 Italians

Vault, 1 Italian 1 Brit

Let’s hope I jinxed them, too! to even things out!

I don’t think anyone from Italy is down for two vaults?
ETA- checked start lists. Nancy Taman of Egypt and Jessica Gadirova are the only two gymnasts left who are contesting the VT final.

Last edited:
VT:
  1. Miyata Shoko 13.666
  2. Lisa Vaelen 13.499
  3. Lihie Raz 13.416
UB:
  1. Sanna Veerman 14.533
  2. Naomi Visser 14.4
  3. Elisabeth Seitz 14.4
BB:
  1. Zsofia Kovacs 13.533
  2. Rebeca Andrade 13.4
  3. Ellie Black 13.266
FX:
  1. Miyata Shoko 13.6
  2. Ou Yushan 13.4
  3. Marine Boyer 13.3

I think this was her worst set all year. Yet still a good score.

I don’t think I like bar scores being so wildly out of line with the other 3 events.

Thank you for the correction!

All the more reason that Andrade should have protested that D-score on her 2nd vault!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back