2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Wonder if we will see USA go back to the Marta hair rules.
Especially since Memmel and Sacramone were from that era.

Ever since that Kazak guy snapped his upper arm on parallel bars I always get the heebie jeebies

Crazy that Watanabe was originally the alternate for Japan and stepped in close to last minute.
Then she wasn’t even used in team finals.

Now she is World beam champion.
Whoah, they didn’t use her in team final after that Beam score in qualification? I hadn’t noticed. What the heck is that all about.

Addison Fatta’s hair looks like she has never got over not being tall enough for the big rides at six flags

Probably true.

And I still wish time travel was possible because I would love to go back to 2008 when ASac was doing her countdown and Memmel was over it all just to tell them that they’ll be the new Martas in 14 years.

Whoah, they didn’t use her in team final after that Beam score in qualification? I hadn’t noticed. What the heck is that all about.

Only used Watanabe on bars.
Watanabe had the lowest D score of all the Japanese women.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 10.34.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 10.34.13 AM.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 15
I appreciate that the Japanese MAG and WAG all coordinated in blue.

Speaking of late 90 early 00s fashion, not to be outdone by the ladies, Jossimar Calvo is rocking the white blonde frosted tips, channeling his inner boy band persona.

40.png
Seyonne:
Bicherova, Yurchenko, and Khorkina (2003), failed to win an event final medal.
I believe Khorkina also holds the dubious distinction of being the only one to also not qualify for any event finals.
none of the AA medalists qualified to an EF in that worlds… it was weird

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back