2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Skye’s hairstyle is beautiful and it’s common to have a cute decorative whatnot with the poof. She just needs something more secure. Maybe go back to the old-school ponytail holders with the giant balls that would crack your skull when it slipped from your mother’s hair grease-slicked hands.

17 year olds do not wear ribbons in normal life. I doubt she wears ribbons to the mall

Andrade had those little scarves/hankerchiefs in her hair in Tokyo.

She was on fire until the ribbon started falling apart.
She was World champion until the ribbon came undone.

The ribbon should be a .3 ND from now on. The difference between gold and 5th.

Last edited:
Hah! Ribbongate.

The girls who like a little floppy ribbon should have them made to stay in place like Leanne’s bow ties.

I’m just catching up with men’s vault and how did Davtyan do two forward entry vaults for the win? He did the Dragulescu and the forward 2 1/2 right?

I gotta say, that’s the lowest quality beam podium I think I’ve ever seen…

The top 3 all fell.

I blame the ribbon.

At this point in her career after how many new knees, really everything is gravy. You just have to go with the flow and be happy you are walking away when you have that injury history.

Unpopular opinion: I’m fine with the bows/ribbons. I prefer them to the messy bun and the dozen glitter barrettes of the 90/00s.

Last edited:
I don’t mind glitter. I wish I would have been allowed to use glitter hairspray for gymnastics when I was in high school, but it wasn’t allowed. Like even though I hated a lot of girly things (like skirts and dresses) when I was a teenager, I still loved glitter.

Last edited:
I see where you’re coming from, but sometimes I think we (gym fans) are too sensitive about this. I mean, it’s not like track and field athletes compete without makeup, elaborate hairstyles, etc. – and nobody would say they’re not engaging in serious sport!

Skye probably doesn’t wear a glittery leotard going to the mall either.

Anyway, I’m 37 so I’m not really hip to what teenagers wear in their every day lives so they could be wearing ribbons in their hair for all I know. I generally don’t spend my time around teenagers.

I’m just catching up with men’s vault and how did Davtyan do two forward entry vaults for the win? He did the Dragulescu and the forward 2 1/2 right?
New vault rules. You can do a Draglescu and Randi since they are not considered the “same vaults” as the Drag s flipping and the Randi is twisting.

I’m around middle schoolers (11-14) and they don’t wear ribbons and bows on the regular.

Last edited:
I loved that, I’m disappointed she hasn’t brought it back. I often wear my hair like that

All I know about current teenage fashion is what the 17-year old girl who shoveled my driveway last snowstorm told me and apparently what’s in fashion was what my generation wore at their age in 2003, which is fucking frightening.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back