2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

For me, that was absolutely awful. I hate how inconsistent gymnasts have become on beam. EF medals should not be “last woman standing.” Although of course I don’t want gymnasts to win with falls. It’s just frustrating.

Dont get me wrong. I love Rebeca.
But whenever she made mistakes she has the same speech: im happy what ive done

I mean It gets me komova vibes. Like she is not a fighter. You know when you accept whatever comes for you.

Skye would have had a huge score if not for the fall, but Japan learning to take advantage of others’ mistakes and taking home gold is just fantastic.
Japan has figured out how to make the most out of artistry and also combining it with clean execution.
I am excited to see this team grow, they have all over performed given their lack of experience.
They are definitely going to be competitive next year and should be serious medal contenders for both next year and in Paris.

It did really. .1 for the free leg position, .1 for the end position (hunched over), .1 for precision, .3 for wobble. I forget if I took .1 for preparation but IIRC she doesn’t take a whole lot of time before that skill

Are medals now or after PB?
I think yesterday it was after PH so probably after PB today as well… I personally wish they did all medal ceremonies at the end

ETA: I guess not lol

Last edited:
Even in 1996 and 2000 there were falls off beam in event finals. It’s hard to hit under pressure.

Last edited:
I hate how inconsistent gymnasts have become on EVERYTHING
Fixed.
It is not just beam, pommels has become unbearable to watch, the number of gymnasts falling compared to staying on is crazy.

I agree with most of these but I’m not sure about .1 for end position and .3 for the wobble. I feel like the hunch is a result of the wobble, so I’d take .3 total. I’m not a Brevet judge though, I just judge USAG – is there some guidance in the FIG COP about this?

Yes!

Though Ou didn’t win a medal here, she scored highest on beam in TQ, TF, and AA and her floor is too valuable for China to pass up. She had a great Worlds!

Last edited:
Why couldn’t the results have just been the qualifying order. Everything was perfect when we were living in that reality. I’m not going to be over this for at least 3 visits to the spa.

Last edited:
Blakely’s ribbon has nothing to do with Leanne. That was Soviet inspired.
Not a surprise…look who her coach is!

Yeah I didn’t take body posture for the leap. I guess it’s a judgment call in the moment.

Last edited:
I’m sure it became popular around 2006/2007 and after that they got bigger, literally

Blakely’s ribbon has nothing to do with Leanne. That was Soviet inspired.
Not a surprise…look who her coach is!
Her coaches are American and Chinese. Marchenko isn’t coaching her this year.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back