2022 Commonwealth Games

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think punishment for Lauren Mitchell and to a lesser extent, Simone Biles, for the wolf turn popularity is called for.
Depending on where you are- all the commonwealth countries should be showing it. Australia stream is apparently working overseas, according to twitter, but you need to sign up:

https://7plus.com.au
Oooh, thanks for this! This will come in handy for diving since I follow Melissa Wu and Esther Qin.

Last edited:
So Alice’s scores beat EVERYONE at US Classic today!

And Odine would have been 4th behind Alice, Wong and Shilese.

Last edited:
WAG AA time. I’m thinking it’ll go to whoever is least knackered. Unremarkable vaults from the leaders so far, but then it was never going to get won or lost there.

It really does. I think we’re going to see some splats on beam and floor as the fatigue mounts. The medal ceremony finished at about 10 last night, 17 hours between competitions isn’t enough.

I was pulling for an Ondine win, but she seems knackered so I’m worried for beam/floor. Timing of this feels really unfortunate for those in the last subdivision.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 10.48.43 AM

Solid from Kinsella so far if she does the same beam and floor from last night she will come out with the win.
Yeah the women really have it rough, if you qualify for the AA and vault/bars and beam/floor, you end up going 4 days in a row.

Yikes, it’s showing on Alice now. That’s going to be no acro series, no leap series and a fall…

Reactions: L_R
Yikes, it’s showing on Alice now. That’s going to be no acro series, no leap series and a fall…
4.7/6.4 (-.1)

that eliminates her from the medals…too bad I was rooting for a gold medal for her.

Well, maybe not. There’s time for a lot more splatting yet and I’m not optimistic about the general ability to deal with the exhaustion levels.

That said, I think this might be Georgia Godwin’s moment now.

Well, maybe not. There’s time for a lot more splatting yet and I’m not optimistic about the general ability to deal with the exhaustion levels.
Well the Canadians have a chance at a medal now. Spence definitely. Denommee can also pass Alice but would need hits on the next two.

The scheduling for WAG is insane. How on earth did anyone go “yes, let’s put the best gymnasts in the last subdivision, put them through a medal ceremony late at night, and then have them turn around and compete AA less than 18 hours later!”

Never mind event finals immediately after this.

Commentators were also saying that Kinsella had drugs testing, late at night too!

Fuck knows. I appreciate that they may have been limited on the number of days they can have the venue for, but was there really no way the team competition could’ve finished a bit earlier and this started a bit later? They had some big gaps between subdivisions yesterday. I’m not convinced the breaks between sessions resulting in a longer day overall are necessarily better for the judges either

Commentators were saying Alice got drug tested after the competition yesterday too. She probably wasn’t the only one, so that could’ve been easily 11 before a drug tested medallist got to leave the arena.

I mean rhythmic is held in the exact same arena and its the 4th, 5th, 6th.
The 3rd is a day off in between.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out a solid schedule that allows for Team Final WAG/MAG (day 1-2), then Team Final RG(day 3), MAG/WAG AA final (day 4) RG AA final (day 5) MAG/WAG EF (day 6-7) RG finals (day 8)

It’s possible they needed the 3rd for rhythmic podium training, but even then it should still have been possible to finish WAG team a bit earlier and start AA a bit later. A few more hours rest would’ve been better than nothing.

Oh, Alice also got an 0.3 deduction for bars, people think because of starting late, so that probably rattled her a bit going into beam.

Fuck knows. I appreciate that they may have been limited on the number of days they can have the venue for, but was there really no way the team competition could’ve finished a bit earlier and this started a bit later? They had some big gaps between subdivisions yesterday. I’m not convinced the breaks between sessions resulting in a longer day overall are necessarily better for the judges either
There was ZERO need for 4 subdivisions. They could have easily done 2 subdivisions in the early part of the day…granted they probably wanted prime time for the final subdivision.
Just assign the individual athletes in a rotation with full teams.

Reactions: Bob
Rhythmic uses a different floor, no? Can’t be setting up and tearing down floors multiple times.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back