2022 Commonwealth Games

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I really enjoy the CWG. You get to see so many gymnasts who would never get on the world footage. I’ve particularly enjoyed South Africa, Sri Lanka and the gymnasts from Barbados (Erin Pinder) and Jamaica (Danyella Richards).

Last day of finals starts in about 20 minutes.
WAG BB and FX, MAG VT, PB, HB.
Hoping for a decent BB final, not a splat fest, but I fear that may be asking too much…

For most of these gymnasts, this is the only multi sports event they will ever compete at. We’ve seen just how emotionally invested the gymnasts are, both the highs and the lows.

I think there’s a tendency, especially amongst gymnastics fans from non commonwealth countries to put the CWGs in the same box as a continental championship. But they are much more than that to the competitors.

Yeah, it’s very much a friendly and fun thing. The athletes generally seem to be having a great experience and it’s hard not to love that. Especially for gymnasts who don’t normally get the opportunity to be appreciated by a full arena. And the crowd have been great, of course.

And now, last day. I need a medal for Wales in something now. Another one for SA would be nice too.

They are looking pretty unbeatable at Euros. Assuming of course that the five of them make it there with 10 ankles between them.

Which, well, one cannot assume. Joe isn’t so much the issue as he still seems able to do a few landings ok, and he’s obviously strong on PH, but James is a concern.

I fully expected him to pull out of the finals here. This competition is really not worth it with so much more coming up in the next few months.

PH was one thing, but he’s still down for high bar. I cannot think that is sensible. It could be that he’s ruled out Euros already but even then, worlds prelims are less than three months away.

Where on god’s earth are you, because I’ve watched it both live and on catch up from a small town on the Russian-Chinese border

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back