2021 Euros prelims

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So Italy gets the full +2, assuming Larissa can’t better a 54.398… or MDJDS??
A country can only get 1 spot at the event. MDJDS isn’t eligible to earn a spot for France because she was on the team that got the team a place. Edit: OH, nevermind. from the world cup spots too. my bad

Last edited:
Yes- it’s frustrating. Which is why I am rooting for Iordache. I will be annoyed if it comes down to a half twist!

I mean they already have the Floor +1. So unless Larissa beats a 54.4, they also have the Continental +1, right?

Yeah, I edited. I see what you meant to say but I misinterpreted. 🙂

Edit: I was only getting the BB stream and got to watch nothing happen through out the wait for the next session and then as soon as the next session gets going, the stream died. And none of the other streams work either. Booo!

Last edited:
She did an FTY right, not a Y1.5?

I’ve never seen her do a Y1.5. I missed her vaulting the full so I can’t tell whether she could have doubled it.

She will be kicking herself if she literally came 3rd and didn’t go to Tokyo because she didn’t wanna throw a DTY (which she can clearly do) in Euros prelims…

Last edited:
I was watching the instagram live stream. They weren’t the best, but better than nothing!

When’s sub 4? And whos in it?

Is anyone interesting in Sub 5?

Someone was streaming on YouTube as well.
Sub 4 is the last, and I think it’s only really Iordache left to challenge (for the +1, anyway)

I’m very impressed that Gadirova handled herself so well after that fall. She took her regroup time before getting to her feet and then took every second of the 10s given to remount the beam after getting up.

we should open a separate thread about this qualification drama cause I don’t understand SHIT but I can’t keep myself from trying to understand it, instead of incesantly going on about that full-on Holly Vise “triple twist” from Uzarova, which is really all we should be talking about.

I hope to god they didn’t credit it.

And I swear she was doing a 2.5 punch front at Nationals. Not surprised they took it out based on that shit show.

I don’t see her in Tokyo unless others are injured or bomb, not when there are only going to be four spots. Both Gadirovas and Ellie can beat her in the AA as well as having stronger EF chances, and they’re not going to drop Becky.

Listunova can too but since Russia is already in the lead…

Exactly. I can see a team of both sets of sisters. Which would suck for Amelie. She really rocked it today. That’s what you talk about when you say a clean 4-for-4. She will be kicking herself for not throwing the DTY.

Yes, Russia essentially have already qualified a plus one. There are not two non-Russian athletes left who’ll beat Urazova, whatever Listunova does. It’s Russia plus one of Iordache and Italy now.

Urazova really was quite a lot better than people, me included, thought she’d be after PT. She had three decent events and probably got 0.5 off on beam after the Onodi when she almost touched the beam. If she’d just done it with maybe an 0.1 deduction, that would be your bog standard mid to high 55 that so many leading AAers have had this quad. First up and possibly injured, that wasn’t a bad showing at all.

eta- obviously not the UnTriple. But I still thought she would probably be worse than that.

Last edited:
Shall we have a pool on which beam element Larisa crashes? Because it would be so utterly her to miss Olympic qualification due to a fall in prelims and then win the AA title anyway. Calling it now.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back