2021 Euros prelims

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

FUCKING AMELIE came out to play today! I have E 8.3 (Artistry 1)!!

ETA: They gave 7.9. I think this is a little low.

Last edited:
I see Alistatrava decided to get down from bars when she’d had enough of her new set. Marvellous. I’ve not seen such pure quality of fail since Russia’s last vault 0.

Just wondering: do most of you guys favor Italy, Russia and/or GB having 5 spots (team +1) over Iordache getting the personal ticket? No judging here, just wondering!

My preference would be Iordache and GB. There isn’t anyone I’ll be really sad to see miss out if Russia have 5 not 6.

GREAT floor from Jennifer. Lots of big bounces but her tumbling and dance is so clean. I had E 8.1 (Artistry 1).

ETA: 8.366!!

Last edited:
Yeah I get that.
I just keep thinking: all the girls from Italy, Russia and GB still have a shot to make the team, even though I know the teams are small. But for Iordache, this today is her only chance. Pressure must be huge.

Amelie needs a 14.6 to break 55 in the AA. That’s not possible without a DTY.

Gadirova in the lead on floor! 13.866 (8.366 E)

She was cleaner here than in PT. I love her mount. It really is a Double Full In, Back Out. I wonder if she’s learning a Biles.

Last edited:
Maggio did a great floor. OOB on the last pass. Is it bad that I hope it was 2 feet? haha

13.333 for Maggio. Only 0.1 ND. That pretty much puts Amelie and MAggio within 2 tenths of each other. Hows her vault? argh!

Pretty clean from Vanessa. Missed her first pass. And she really fucked up the Memmel turn. Otherwise clean. 13.633 (E 7.933). Into second on floor behind Gadirova.

Vanessa is out of the AA +1 hunt. She would need a 15.4 on VT to get a 55.

Ferrari’s warm up DTY is utter SKANK. They do not deduct it nearly enough.

British girls warming up VT - Gadirova doing a Lopez. Didnt see Amelie’s warm up. I think shes first up. CMONNNNNNNN

Camera literally left vault halfway through Amelie’s vault to go watch some random beam. Fucking hopeless.

I have no idea what Amelie vaulted or what she scored. This is so fucking useless. Its 20-fucking21!

ETA: She only vaulted a full. Eek. She’s into second in the AA. 54.032

Nice from Jessica. Clean. She’s such a gorgeous gymnast.

Last edited:
Gadirova 53.699 in the AA. With a 11.4 on beam. Damn, she could have challenged Urazova without that awful fall.

And she’s ahead of Kinsella. Hmmm. This might have some importance for Olympic selection. If Amelie and Jessica can both spank Alice in the AA, with the two Downies, and Jennifer waiting at home - Alice doesn’t look plum for a top 4.

Fuck. Maggio just vaulted a Y1.5. Clean. That’ll be better than Amelie in the AA.

Looks like we don’t get a plus one, folks.

Vanessa’s DTY. Slightly better than warm up. Still skank as fuck.

Last edited:
So Italy gets the full +2, assuming Larissa can’t better a 54.398… or MDJDS??

I really really hate these rounding errors. If Larissa gets a 54.4, she will have tied with Maggio, but will come out on top.

Holy shit, Gadirova got a 14.7. That’s a 9.3 E! @ArnoldRimmer - here’s your 9.4 this quad - if she had stuck it!

Top 5 after Sub 3:
1Russia RUS188URAZOVA Vladislava14.43314.50013.03313.33355.299Q
2Italy ITA157MAGGIO Martina14.13313.56613.36613.33354.3980.901Q
3Great Britain GBR132MORGAN Amelie13.63313.96613.43313.00054.0321.267Q
4Italy ITA158FERRARI Vanessa14.23313.26612.63313.63353.7651.534Q
5Great Britain GBR130GADIROVA Jessica14.70013.70011.43313.86653.6991.600Q
It really was vault that lost it for Amelie. It will be devastating if it comes down to that. She can do a really good DTY.

Have literally just had a thought. The GB team could be the two Downie sisters and the two Gadirova sisters…

Last edited:
Well, Amelie and Jessica just made the GB selectors job interesting.
If Jessica wins floor and vault here, she’s made herself a lock. Even second would make it very hard to leave her home.
Assuming Becky is a lock (because this team really would need a solid bars worker), that leaves two spots between Jennifer, Ellie, Amelie and Alice. I don’t think anybody else could actually make a case at this point.

I’m glad she didn’t feel pressured into doing the DTY if she’s not ready for it.
I’m backing Iordache now for that final +1 spot.

I agree. Based on these numbers, I think Alice is out. Ellie is a lock. Becky is a lock. Jennifer is a lock. The fourth spot is between Amelie, Alice and Jessica. And based on these numbers, I’d use Jessica. Yes, you lose on bars. But this line up would be pretty great:

:vt: Jennifer, Jessica, Ellie
:ub: Jessica, Ellie, Becky
🇧🇧 Ellie, Jessica, Jennifer
:fx: Jessica, Jennifer, Ellie

That is really a great line up. I think that could compete for a medal in team.

God that fall from Gadirova… good to see she could finish the competition on such a high note

Yes. I’m glad. But also - she can fucking do that vault. And I don’t mean to blame her at all (of course!) but she literally could have gotten a +1 (for HERSELF!) if she had only vaulted a DTY there.

There’s no guarantee she will make the team. That +1 literally could have been hers. Especially if she earnt it herself. Hard not to give it to her.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back