2021 Euros prelims

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Because Russia qualified a full team, but Romania didn’t. Only gymnasts from countries not sending a full team can qualify continental spots for themselves as opposed to their programme.

GB has qualified one gymnast into every final (VT + FX for Jessica, BB+ UB for Amelie) and Amelie and Jessica into AA final. Great job!

Are there official EF qualifiers anywhere? We’d probably be quicker working them out ourselves, but I live in hope.

The live score website is now finally working.
Every Second Matters

Also here too

No Russians in BB final!

So regarding Urazova’s floor, I think the main priority was moving the double tuck to her second pass, because she was having trouble with that as her dismount at Nationals. Her endurance seems shot. Hopefully she can feel better rested with only UB finals to worry about. It should be hers to win if she’s clean and connects her Pak + VL.

I really dislike the arms down salute on floor.

Did Gadirova go OOB on her leap or just step on the line? I can’t tell in the video and can’t see scores.

Says a lot about Alice. The others all qualified into 3 finals. She made 0.

Jessica has been the standout for me in Q. Other than that awful fall, she really has shocked everyone. And she wasn’t even THE Gadirova we were all hyping up last Spring.

Amelie also had an outstanding day. Super clean across all 4 events. She really proved herself to be a dependable senior. It will be an awful shame if she doesn’t make it to Tokyo.

Then again - Larissa is a better AA gymnast. She really did deserve the spot.

The fact that Russia gets 6 gymnasts kinda sucks. Their 6th won’t be as good as the British 5th who won’t get to go.

Then again, the 7th best US gymnast is probably better than all the gymnasts in Europe anyway. So I shouldn’t complain!!

Last edited:
I don’t think the 7th best American is better than everyone in Europe. You’ve got Simone and to a lesser extent Sunisa (on paper) way out in front, then the rest of them are much of a muchness. Listunova, McCallum, Hurd, Melnikova etc just depends who’s having the best day. Very little to choose. Listunova and Urazova beating every non-Simone American and a US 1-2 with no European on the AA podium would both be equally unsurprising to me.

I don’t think you’re right. I am guessing that at least 7 gymnasts in the US will score a 55 in the AA.

Quite likely, but I’d be surprised if nobody from Europe did the same.

Will depend on USAGs scoring at Nats and Trials. But I can definitely see a US gymnast missing out on Tokyo despite hitting a 55 in the AA. WWGym panel gave Chiles a 56.5 at Winter Cup. And I’m 95% sure Chiles won’t be going to Tokyo.

Well that was one of the most stressful days of gymnastics watching EVER. Stream and scoring frustration all day, really exciting Maggio-Morgan-Ferrari battle and then all the Lari drama. I agree with others here that my ideal would have been GB and Larisa qualifying. The GB team selection is going to be heartbreaking and I’m not sure Russia’s 6th (or 5th for that matter) will impact Tokyo results that much.

Anyway I am so thrilled for Larisa. I was balling after her beam fall (which I totally saw coming) and then it was tenterhooks all the way with the scores and a mad half an hour trying to figure out what she scored on bars. The gymternet manifested that qualification by shear will! Really chuffed for Larisa, it’s the best thing that’s happened for a long long time and the gymternet felt united (for once) today.

I’m very impressed with Gadirova and Morgan (gymnastically and mentally) and I am looking forward to seeing what they can do in finals. I wish Urazova hadn’t been 2pered so much. I didn’t realise she’d been ill so kudos for what she managed to do. The FX EF is a great line up.

I feel so drained.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back