Worlds Qualifier: 2022 Pan American Gymnastics Championships Rio de Janerio, BRA 7/11-7/15

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oh has she? I missed that.

It probably is a good decision though. Her knees are going to have to be incredibly carefully looked after going forward. I think the fact that she couldn’t have a go at a very basic floor routine to try for AA bronze at 2021 worlds gives us an idea how that’s going to look.

I hope this is a confidence booster for Flavia, she seems to have faltered at important moments before and she really is a very lovely gymnast to watch, except maybe bars.

I also don’t understand why andrade couldn’t do a 1’5-1/1, double tuck routine and contend for the aa but i guess if she wants to do paris aa that’d make some sense?

I agree that Andrade could do two easy (for her) passes on floor and waltz her way to AA gold with relative hits on the other 3 apparatus.

Nobody’s been close to her for a couple years now except Biles and Lee, and if neither go to Worlds, it’s her for the relatively easy win.

They seem to just really be protecting her, cause she also would have taken vt gold just adding a podkopayeva or a López

The irony is, she lost the Olympic AA due to lack of competitive numbers on floor

I’d argue she lost it on ub judging, but yes, she had no business doing that first line as things stood

Yeah that’s the one instance but even there a relatively normal step would have taken her oob

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 4.10.28 PM

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 4.09.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 4.09.56 PM.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
Jamaica receIVed a 1.0 neutral deduction following the competition which dropped them to 9th. Cuba goes to team finals instead of Jamaica. Really unfortunate.

Non-identical uniforms for the team?
Team competing in incorrect order?
Coach deduction for unsportsmanlike conduct?

If this picture is what they were wearing in the competition, non-matching attire deduction?

Last edited:
Dunno. But they were informed before they competed that if they didn’t wear the same leo, there would be a 1.0 ND.

Or possibly even a handspring, LOL. Her DTY is so much better than the other vaults done.

Dunno. But they were informed before they competed that if they didn’t wear the same leo, there would be a 1.0 ND.
Maybe they didn’t think the would qualify to team finals and just chose the leotard they wanted? Either way a costly error.
Sad. I was looking forward to seeing them compete in team finals.

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 6.53.28 PM

It will be interesting watching Sumanasekera transition to senior next year.
Someone needs to fix her bars OR Alicia needs to step in and say “Drop UB and focus on 3”. It would pretty much come full circle for Sacramone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 6.53.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 6.53.18 PM.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 4
Flavia does a Switch Ring Half and a (short) Gogean on floor.

She also DOESNT do a split ring or a switch ring (despite them LITERALLY being described as deduction-free in the FIG fucking handbook).

She also does 4 passes including a Double Tuck and a Double Pike.

Has the world gone crazy or is it just me?

Last edited:
Ironically she was VERY good on UB when she was young(8-10 years or so) competing in USAG age group levels. Once the release moves levels started her UB didn’t keep up with other events. Found a few YouTube videos:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back