Worlds Qualifier: 2022 Pan American Gymnastics Championships Rio de Janerio, BRA 7/11-7/15

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

First PAGU/PAG team gold medal for Brazil!

I’m very curious how Brazil was able to substitute Lorraine Olivera for Cristal Bezerra.
Is this a new rule that I missed?

Anyone know what happened to Chile? They only put up 3 athletes in team finals and Achondo didn’t do bars and beam.
Did they rest Maihuan and Santi because they already qualified to Worlds? If they did pull a Ukraine MAG move that is pretty disrespectful to Jamaica who was 9th and would have loved to compete.

Team Finals
Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 10.54.23 AM

Team Qualifications
Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 10.55.36 AM

There was a floor injury that I saw. I didn’t know who the gymnast was, but she must have been from Chile.
Nope that was Laura Pardo from Colombia.

It seems that Chile decided to keep Santi and Marihuan out of the meet because they qualified to Worlds. Why else would your top 2 all arounders be kept out of team finals, unless both got injured in between qualifications and finals. It is a little suspicious that they BOTH were kept out of team finals.

So the Rio crowd was back to their disrespectful selves for the MAG team finals.
Actively cheering when the USA MAG fell, booing when they got good scores, completely silent after hit USA routines, even laughing when Colt Walker sat his parallel bars dismount.

Shameful.

Reactions: Dex
Thank you for the link.

I had the following for deductions:

Blakely - 2,3 for 6,7
DiCello - 3,7 for 6,3
Zeiss - 2,3 for 7,7
Mueller - 3,1 for 6,9

Except for the last girl, the leaps and jumps are not so good, and I found most of them missing checking off some of the of the “artistry” boxes , so I am sure I was a bit harsher in that aspect. They are very stiff in the upper body some of the foot work is lacking.

So we had (me first, then you):

Skye - 6.6 and 6.7 (she got 6.8)
Kayla - 6.0 and 6.3 (she got 6.533)
Lexi - 7.7 and 7.7 (she got 8.1)
Elle - 6.5 and 6.9 (she got 6.967)

So you were more in line with the Panel than me. But you were still a touch under, too.

I still feel like they aren’t using the Tokyo pen.

For some reason im not excited by this current crop of junios and seniors. Maybe they lack polish, or the super difficulty im expecting idk. Hoping that there are some more out there in the US that ill fall in love with. Maybe im spoiled because i see suck great level 10s these days. Brazil looked great, hope they can keep it together for 2024!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back