Worlds 2021 US Selection Camp (October 8-11)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Realistically I don’t think Tom would get away with that. He would be dropping the 2nd place AAer for someone who clearly isn’t ready to do 4 events and cannot reasonably be expected to go clean at worlds. Frazier’s scores were inflated, but he’s stuck with them. It’s one thing to let Leanne do AA over her, which I hope he will, quite another to drop her entirely.

You would think Tom would be in position to tell the judges not to inflate the scores

It’s one thing to let Leanne do AA over her, which I hope he will, quite another to drop her entirely.
True.

But selection does not start and end at the Day 1 selection camp.

She could nail podium training and then get put in for AA.

Without the falls, Gymnaverse had her pushing 1st at Camp.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have eMjae doing the AA even if both Leanne and Kayla fell all over the place in podium training.

Second place at camp, even when based on inflated scores and Leanne falling, does mean he can’t get away with excluding her from the team entirely. Practical considerations being what they are. It does not mean she has to do AA.

Honestly, if Frazier has a second vault, she should spend the next two weeks dialing that in and forget the rest. VT EF should be pretty open with only Andrade and Melnikova (moreno? Yeo?) really in the running.

Honestly, if Frazier has a second vault, she should spend the next two weeks dialing that in and forget the rest. VT EF should be pretty open with only Andrade and Melnikova (moreno? Yeo?) really in the running.
100%

If Marta were still in the role now, the culture that sustained her and allowed her to operate as she did would still have to be substantially in place. Because she would never have survived the Nassar revelations and aftermath, never. And the reason I think Tom couldn’t get away with the lack of transparency and the behaviours that Marta engaged in is because of a reaction to her and what happened during her tenure. It’s a particular issue he faces that she didn’t. Her actions have completely changed the landscape.

But yes I think if she wanted to, Marta could probably have got away with leaving eMjae out in these circumstances. If for whatever reason she hadn’t chosen to ensure it didn’t arise in the first place. I also don’t think anyone Marta didn’t favour would’ve been getting such inflated E scores even relative to the competition.

Marta would have left Frazier home, had Wong and DiCello do AA and put Greaves on bars and McClain on beam and maybe floor.

But had Marta still been around more than 6 would have trialed, she would have reached out to several gymnasts and convinced them, specifically Skinner

Wouldn’t she have had to been vaccinated in order to attend UF?

I’m not sure because it is Florida and Gov. DeSantis has been putting in vaccine mandate bans.

UF does not require a covid vaccine.
I don’t think they can because of DeSantis’ bans. Its a public school and his ban covers any government run entity I think. Its just insane. Just utterly insane.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back