What happened in Team Finals

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well Jordan sat down on floor. Grace had an OOB. There were some errors. I think after Simone’s 1-1/2 and withdrawal they weren’t going to be as steady.

Now the Skinner stans are running rampant with the narrative that she would have saved the day.

Last edited:
Russia did a fantastic job and looked great! Look what happens when you hit your routines (mostly) and listen to the FIG when they say body shape is a thing (with the exception of Gelya’s ring 1/2 on floor—I saw that, girl, and nobody can hide once The Spreadsheet is open). Olympic Champions Gelya, Vika, Vlada, and Lilia!!! HISTORY!

They were more solid than they’ve been in awhile and got that gold with their signature flair, down to falling twice on beam just so we didn’t feel COMPLETELY out of place in a team final. Listunova didn’t want to let anything go after that. Her dance elements are absolutely beautiful, and I loved seeing Urazova float on bars and floor. She’s one of my favorites in awhile.

Last edited:
Yes Russia did a beautiful job other than doing Russia on 2 beam sets.

ETA: I’m glad they were side-by-side. It takes away some of the questions about what happened.

Last edited:
The delusions are amazing. Like if Skinner was that close to Simone competitively that the USA could have won without her, she would have been on the team. But Skinner is great on vault, good on floor, and a horror show on bars and beam. Skinner lost out because she’s unusable on UB/BB.

It would have taken the combined effort of Skinner and Carey to eke out a win today and even then, that’s with Russia falling. You would not send a team of Skinner, Carey, Lee, and Chiles unless literally everybody else was injured because while Russia gonna Russia, you can’t create teams with the idea that this or that country will likely fall because that would be the time they would go 12/12.

Oh lord. I hope Simone turned off her phone and doesn’t look at the news or SM.

“ Six golds are now out of reach, but Biles could still equal the record of nine held by Russian gymnast Larisa Latynina over three Olympic Games”.

Last edited:
based on some of the stuff my DD has read to me on twitter and these sort of articles, I sincerely hope they took her phone away and are giving it to her to talk to family and her support people only. No SM!

Ugh, I shouldn’t have looked at the final scores. Japan was less than a point away from bronze!

I take it no one really knows if Simone is ok? (Not trying to speculate. I’ll take “dunno” as an answer.)

Finally taking a break from work to comment on Simone’s mental state. I might know all too well what she’s going through.
I was abused by someone I was close to, and I didn’t quite realize the depth until last year. When that stuff comes to light, you see how many people were enabling it - people I trusted. It has only been a year since it ended, but it feels like just yesterday. Even a few weeks ago something triggered my memories - something lame that I’ve done a million times just fine - and my mind went blank and I wanted to run away. It was hard to breathe and I couldn’t engage in conversation, aside to tell my husband he needed to take me home immediately. Luckily I have Valium on hand for those moments. Simone isn’t lucky enough to be able to take the medication needed to curb those triggers. She absolutely would have hurt herself today had she continued. She has been vocal about not liking Tom, he could have likely said something stupid to trigger her anxiety.

Where’s the team psychologist when you need them?

‘A video below of “the statement snd press conference where she said “II have to focus on my mental health,’ after withdrawing. I had to edit some because I didn’t like the way the media worded this part.

Last edited:
Yes Russia did a beautiful job other than doing Russia on 2 beam sets.
I’m actually really glad they still found time to tank beam. It just shows you can be successful without compromising on your observance of cultural practices. Tradition is important.
It would have taken the combined effort of Skinner and Carey to eke out a win today and even then, that’s with Russia falling.
Even then, that’s only if Simone hadn’t been on the team which clearly was impossible.

The US were 1 point behind Russia with three events to go when Simone withdrew. At that point, there is no US trio that could’ve done it. Even if we include all the ones back at home and in quarantine. It wasn’t possible. The title had gone by then. As you say, delusional.

Twitter arseholes are out in full force… then you find the perfect comeback

Screenshot 2021-07-27 184615

Gymcastic says Tom was asked by the media to talk and he refused.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back