What happened in Team Finals

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Is this a thing though ? Lots of men have trained twisting yurchenkos alongside double back yurchenkos

Is this a thing though ? Lots of men have trained twisting yurchenkos alongside double back yurchenkos
I don’t know. I was just wondering. Maybe air confusion due to training different vaults would affect people more who rely on muscle memory, that is, who do their best when they don’t think, than people who think or visualize during execution. Not that it’s always black and white whether people do one or the other, there’s probably a blend of both to varying degrees.

Last edited:
Lauren in a Gymternet post says she was able to do double layouts but not her full in, which suggests the problem was beyond just the amanar and vault. Although where it started and if it spread (as these can) hasn’t been mentioned anywhere that I’ve seen

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 1.57.33 am

Just seeing this angle and can’t get over how completely lost she was. USA were very close to counting a 0

Emily Little broke her neck in 2017. Heath Thorpe was wrong about the year.

did lepennec do a 1.5 out? it looks kind of the way she did her ub dismount, cranking all the twists so late, I wonder if that messed with her head.

It was supposed to be full in. I found another video of her floor routine from the 2002 Junior Europeans.

Last edited:
Interesting, cause she does indeed do a1.5 twist, and she’s clearly doing it as a full out not a full in. I guess the ub dismount messed with her head? I don’t really now how these things work

I thought she was trying a Silivas!!

If that’s a full in then yeah that’s definitely twisties.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back