US WAG world team trials

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

No Carey on beam?!? She literally won beam yesterday lol.
But went 12.900 today.
Who do you leave off beam then? It won’t be Jones or Chiles and no way is Blakely not doing beam. So you would leave off Wong from beam for Carey?

I’d probably decide based on podium training tbh. It’s a hard choice, either way. I don’t like having only 2 go up in AA prelims. Look at 2017.
Are you not paying attention?
If they want to go with 3 AA in TQ then Skye Blakely can do AA easily and likely make top 6. If she hits 4 for 4 and Jones falls off beam in TQ, then Blakely might make it in over her.

What happened to Marissa Neal on bars? 9.85 with a 3.6 D Score. Did she stop?

OR they could also do Wong going AA with Blakely bars and beam only. Wong could then also go for VT finals.
Blakely/Wong would likely be the dropped floor score anyway.
Do you hate Jade Carey or something?

Blakely’ s bb/ub from today and vt/fx from yesterday would give her 56.4…beating both Carey and Chiles(only 0.3 behind Jones). She is doing AA in qualifying.

Blakely’ s bb/ub from today and vt/fx from yesterday would give her 56.4…beating both Carey and Chiles(only 0.3 behind Jones). She is doing AA in qualifying.
Skye came top today on 2 event scores. Then Leanne. Then Jordan. Then Zeiss…

It’s still a tough choice for me between Fatta and Zeiss. I think I would still go with Zeiss but that (overscored) 13.7 on floor from Fatta today is hard to ignore. That would have medalled at Euros.

Jade had a bit of a rough day today. She came 6th on bars and 6th on beam.

t’s still a tough choice for me between Fatta and Zeiss. I think I would still go with Zeiss but that (overscored) 13.7 on floor from Fatta today is hard to ignore. That would have medalled at Euros.
Zeiss’ performance on UB and BB today clinched it for her IMO.

If you use the highest score for the events they did twice, Blakely ties Chiles for the second AAer. So Jones/Blakely/Chiles AA, Carey VT/FX Wong UB, toss up for the other beam spot. If not picked for beam Wong might not be used in the final. And obviously this lineup would mean she couldn’t do vault, but Chiles and Carey should be in the final anyway.

I think the prelims lineup is currently looking like

Vault: Skye, Jordan, Shilese, Jade

Bars: Leanne, Skye, Jordan, Shilese

Beam: Shilese, Leanne, Skye, Jordan (as the experienced one)

Floor: Skye, Jade, Shilese, Jordan

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back