US WAG world team trials

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So today the stories are likely:
  1. Fatta vs Zeiss for alternate. I would give it to Zeiss personally but Fatta has had fairly consistent year.
  2. Blakely vs Carey on bars. If Blakely is able to get near 14 like she has all year, I would think she would go ahead of Carey for bars. They could use a 3rd bars score and I don’t see Chiles getting the 14s like she has at home in Liverpool.
  3. The beam line up/order.

Did they show Leanne’s 2nd vault?
Not sure since I didn’t watch but she did DTY and Lopez as her vaults. Same as Chiles.
So it would appear that the US will put up three vaulters for finals.

To be honest, they might as well call this meet the “Fatta v Zeiss” meet. All other routines are pointless and if any of them get injured today its a complete dereliction of duty.

Disidore having huge issues on her Double Tuck on floor. Girl just nix it.

I don’t think they’re at a particularly high risk of getting injured just because they’re competing two events. This doesn’t seem any riskier than late-season training.

Supposedly Jones didn’t have to compete but elected to. I’d imagine some of the gymnasts like Disidore or Matthews wanted to compete to try to improve on how they did yesterday. There’s not a ton of opportunities for elite gymnasts to compete so they might want to end the season on a high note.

I had 6.7 (A4) for Disidore. She hit but it was a struggle.

I don’t know if I’ll ever manage to not be frustrated by GAGE’s combination of gorgeous movement and terrible choreography.

Leanne does the same arm movement 2.5 times before her first tumble. It’s beautiful and has no connection to the music.

Looks like they’re doing both floors first. Fatta next up. This is the big routine of today for me.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back