US WAG world team trials

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I agree that Hang and Sumanasekera seem to show to most potential at this point to get to that level.

Interestingly enough, @Doug1233 and I have Zeiss ahead of Wong in the AA. He still needs to put in a beam score, but I don’t think he’ll find enough to drop her below Wong.

Wong still top 3 on bars with our scores, though.

I remember seeing training videos and she was def working on a cheng this year after the ncaa season wrapped. I think she was doing the same in the year or two before the olympics. Would love to see her pull that off.

Last post about refunds:

Some people are noting that they don’t have the option shown on the video. In that case, click help (tiny at the bottom of the screen), and then contact us (tiny, just above the menu of options) and send a message.

Last edited:
My takeaways:
Jordan’s floor wolf turn didn’t look as terrible as it usually does
Jade looks like she is trying harder for the artistry points. Her beam looks nicer though gets snoozy toward the end. Girl, do some of those backroll-handstands they used to do in the olden days to get from one end of the beam to the other. Her bb also looked a little more swingy than in previous years. I don’t know what she is missing to bring that oomph because she does (i think) pretty difficult moves and does them pretty well and yet…
I wanted to see Zeiss on BB and FX and Wong on BB and FX

I don’t really remember routines from one competition to another unless they are amazing and I’ll be honest, i’ve already forgotten most of what I just watched. The top girls look good and steady, the bottom group doesn’t look like they are going to be breaking in unless they have a Maggie Nichols transformation moment.

Interestingly enough, @Doug1233 and I have Zeiss ahead of Wong in the AA. He still needs to put in a beam score, but I don’t think he’ll find enough to drop her below Wong.

Wong still top 3 on bars with our scores, though.
I also had a 7.2 but I took 3 for artistry. Still, @Yarotska and I have the following AA standings:
  1. Jones 55.55 (USAG 56.7)
  2. Chiles 55.25 (USAG 56.1)
  3. Carey 54.4 (USAG 55.4)
  4. Blakely 54.3 (USAG 54.65)
  5. Zeiss 52.45 (USAG 53.2)
  6. Wong 52.3 (USAG 53.25)
  7. Fatta 52.1 (USAG 52.55)
If Fatta hadn’t fallen on her DLO, she would be in 5th, by our standings, ahead of Wong and Zeiss.

Last edited:
Any word on who is doing what events? I’ll follow best I can, but I’m about to head out to a hockey game.

As per USAG tweet…

Group A:
Jones - UB, BB
Blakely - BB, UB
Matthews - BB, UB
Chiles - BB, UB
Fatta - FX, BB

Group B:
Carey - BB, UB
Disidore - FX, BB
Neal - UB, BB
Wong - UB, BB
Zeiss - UB, BB

Last edited:
Which makes sense since vault and floor are secured.
If Fatta hits floor today, she could make a case to bump Zeiss.

Barring injury, the team is clear.

Fatta on FX is literally the only routine that matters today.

Last edited:
So everyone on beam and just Fatta and Disidore on floor.

Looks like Fatta is in the running for traveling alternate.

Does anyone have a copy of the Night 1 scores (D and E separated)? USAG have updated their results page to just show Day 2.

I think I found it Doug. But my brain is ooolllllddd.

On MyUSAGym bring up the results.

Then click on the athlete’s name to get the breakdowns.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back