US WAG world team trials

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Sure, no problem.

I have edit access for this sheet it looks like
Feel free to add any more in (and any artistry). The Panel scores only update when there’s 2+ forum scores. Although perhaps the usual suspects will also join in once the videos go up on youtube!

Desidore got a 5.4 for both D and E on beam. Youch.
I had a 4.7E (4A)

Poor thing.

Here’s a surprise - Jade won beam (albeit with an inflated, IMO, E Score)

Last edited:
Hilarious turn of events.

However, this year didn’t have the embarrassment of riches that last year did, so it only makes sense that the best AAers make up the best team score. 4 of the 5 gymnasts have been seniors for at least 4 seasons now and the 5th one is someone who we’ve been expecting to contend for teams since they came on the scene 4 years ago. Where are the new girls who are gonna put pressure on this squad?

I wasn’t a huge fan of Jade’s floor tumbles. Chuso. DLO. Front LO to Double Tuck, and Full In.

No Silivas. No Moors.

The DLO and the Double Tuck have worse exection, IMO. I only hope she’s just saving herself for Worlds. She did it in the lead up to Tokyo when she was a lock and I hope they’re doing the same this year. Cos those tumbles might easily get her 2perd.

Is she gonna Cheng this? It looks Chengable to me.

Attachments

• C0C58E0A-4304-4916-82CD-CBAE2098E49C.gif
    C0C58E0A-4304-4916-82CD-CBAE2098E49C.gif
    3 MB · Views: 4
Was Leanne’s floor score lowered? I swear it was 12.650 before and now it’s 12.450. She was ahead of Neal on floor before and now she’s behind her.
They forgot to add the 2 tenths out of bounds!

Last edited:
My overall reaction to these trials is that I hope China wins Worlds. I need better Bars and Beam in my life than what USA is producing right now.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is there a stutter step after her 3/2 step out?

I swear I saw it live and now i’m even more convinced on replay!

Last edited:
I’m concerned about her Double Layout full looking totally piked.

My sense so far is that no one is going to put pressure on this squad. Add McClain and possibly Biles/Lee into the mix of Jones, Chiles, Carey, Blakely, and Wong, and that’s your power squad for the foreseeable future. Five of those names will be in Paris.

If you take their best scores from nationals these juniors would have placed:
Vt - Jayla Hang 3rd
UB - Alicia Zhou 4th, Madray Johnson 5th
BB - Hang 3rd, Mylie Lew & Tiana Sumanasekera 4th
FX - Sumanasekera 4th
AA - Johnson 5th, Hang 7th

They aren’t quite blowing it out of the water yet, but they would be in the selection mix if age eligible. Hang will be senior in 2024, the rest next year.

Thanks for this perspective! I forgot about Jayla Hang, who is amazing. Sumanasekera will also be an interesting gymnast to watch especially because of the recent move to WCC. I think Madray Johnson might be maxed out at her current level, but she could prove me wrong.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back