Well attended for a glorified practice. Things of note:
- Morgan Hurd! - was announced as redshirt freshman, so she has 4 more years. She competed in all 3 events (the team didnt really do vaults). She looked comfortable and certainly capable of being in the lineup. It was nice to see no apparant lingering injury issues. Fingers crossed.
- Riley did bars and beam, both sets she struggled. Not sure if just rust or she is still dealing with mental aspects of everything, will see when lights come on.
- Both Georgia transfers looked very good. Victoria was announced as a Junior so she will be 2 years. She had a wonderful bar set and her floor is set to classical music, reminded me of Leanne’s floor last year. Rachel, looked great on floor and beam, they will definitely be in line-up.
- Trinity did Trinity, perfect even when not going all out.
- The new freshman Kayla and Lori looked solid. We knew what we were going to get with Kayla, but Lori looked like someone that will see some spot duty and help the team.
- It was also good to see Ellie (who had a great beam set) and Halley also great beam and floor come back from those cursed achilles. Not sure how much we will see them this year but we will see.