transfer portal 2024-2025

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Whose gonna beat a healthy UF team... What a roster... Kayla DiCello, Skye and Sloan Blakely, Leanne Wong, Shilese Jones, Anya Pilgrim and now Selena Harris... Good luck Oklahoma and LSU!

Wow. What a stupid prank for whomever is spamming…I mean whomever is impersonating cgn

Whose gonna beat a healthy UF team... What a roster... Kayla DiCello, Skye and Sloan Blakely, Leanne Wong, Shilese Jones, Anya Pilgrim and now Selena Harris... Good luck Oklahoma and LSU!
Is anyone still thinking that jones is going to show up at Florida?

That's quite an interesting choice. Florida seems like it has a really healthy, positive team culture. I'm really wondering now what went down at UCLA for Florida to look past it.

Nya Reed, Marz, Norah Flatley, and Paige Anastasi also posted very supportive comments, among a lot of other UCLA gymnasts...

Jones has signed on for the Post Olympic Tour with Biles.

1716856250903.png

September 9- November 3

While still possible for Jones to join Florida. I don't think it is going to happen.

If that pro circuit thing for gymnastics becomes a thing I could see jones going that route….if she can do that and train for 2028 as well. I just don’t see her doing college at all

I saw a video of Syd training with Logan (transferring from LIU) at a different gym on Long Island than any other gym LIU train's at ... speculation of course from a Instagram story

but Syd deserves way better! and can do way better ... they are a rock star

*edit for correct pronouns
Syd Morris has announced her retirement from gymnastics, so we can cross them off the suspected transfer list.

I suppose that makes sense. If she intends to continue elite, might as well train with an experienced elite coach.

Georgia is starting to look like a pretty darn good team. With Csenge they should have 5-6 vaults with a 10 start value. If they also get Eaker she'll be the icing on their already strong beam line up. As a UGA fan I'm starting to have some hope we'll break the top 10 this year.

Georgia is starting to look like a pretty darn good team. With Csenge they should have 5-6 vaults with a 10 start value. If they also get Eaker she'll be the icing on their already strong beam line up. As a UGA fan I'm starting to have some hope we'll break the top 10 this year.
Put the kool-aide down lol. Georgia made an intriguing hire, and its great to finally have some excitement about the trend of the program but there are many things that can be outlined as potential pitfalls. Its by no means a slam-dunk hire. Realistically, It is still going to be 3-4 years before Georgia might be a top 10 team. Remember, the competition doesn't stand still. LSU is returning the bulk of their title team along with a stacked class, Florida picked up Selena Harris and get Kayla back and adds Sky. Oklahoma joins the conference with a stacked class including Addison Fata. Arkansas will only improve with more seasoning and adding Joce Roberson. Right there that's 4 teams that on paper are clearly better than Georgia and that's just the SEC. Still have UCLA which might get Jordan back with a ton of other talent, Utah with Avery Neff, and Cal.

So I am optimistic about the future at Georgia, but some of the takes are just pent-up over-exuberance by Georgia fans having to suffer so long.

Put the kool-aide down lol. Georgia made an intriguing hire, and its great to finally have some excitement about the trend of the program but there are many things that can be outlined as potential pitfalls. Its by no means a slam-dunk hire. Realistically, It is still going to be 3-4 years before Georgia might be a top 10 team. Remember, the competition doesn't stand still. LSU is returning the bulk of their title team along with a stacked class, Florida picked up Selena Harris and get Kayla back and adds Sky. Oklahoma joins the conference with a stacked class including Addison Fata. Arkansas will only improve with more seasoning and adding Joce Roberson. Right there that's 4 teams that on paper are clearly better than Georgia and that's just the SEC. Still have UCLA which might get Jordan back with a ton of other talent, Utah with Avery Neff, and Cal.

So I am optimistic about the future at Georgia, but some of the takes are just pent-up over-exuberance by Georgia fans having to suffer so long.
No kool aid necessary! I'm not suggesting they'll be contenders for the national championship this coming year or even in the next 3. However I do think I am being very realistic with Georgia going from 18th to a top 10 team. That is not that big of a jump when you consider they have more or at least as much talent as the teams that were ranked ahead of them at the end of this past year: Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, Denver, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State, and Arizona State. And haven't a lot of people been saying for years that they’ve had the talent but it was coaching that was the problem? Roberts with Koltakov were very successful at Bama in 22. The gymnasts themselves wanted to stay for Roberts alone. And now add in Landi. She obviously is an excellent coach. Not to mention the fact that they are acquiring some additional talented gymnasts: Tomlin, a 5 star recruit, strong on the leg events. Backsay who came in 8th in the world on the vault last year and potentially Eaker who was the alternate for the Olympic team. Arkansas went from 17th to 7th in one year. I don't see any reason why UGA can't do the same.

Last edited:
Why do people think Eaker is going to UGA? Did she say something that I missed?

I agree UGA has the talent to rise in the standings (although I think saying they have as much or more talent than Alabama and Michigan State is a bit much).

Why do people think Eaker is going to UGA? Did she say something that I missed?

I agree UGA has the talent to rise in the standings (although I think saying they have as much or more talent than Alabama and Michigan State is a bit much).
It has been reported that Eaker is going to UGA this fall and that she has already rented an apartment in Athens. A possible reason why it hasn't been announced is that there might an eligibility issue due to the fact that she has missed a year of NCAA competition.

I think the Eaker thing is solely based on Landi having elite experience. The gymternet has created a narrative that Eaker wants to go back to elite and go for the 2028 Olympics and therefore transferring to Georgia makes perfect sense to go "train" with Landi who has all this elite experience. Even though as far as I know the last comment from Eaker was she was retired. But ya know the internet is going to internet.

I think a very optimistic outcome for Georgia would be a 9-10 type finish. That would be hugely over expectations but within the realm of possibilities. If you use UCLA as a case study of a team from a high-profile program that hired a new head coach and she had/has more head coaching experience than Landi/Roberts and look at the results it still shows a top 10 finish is still a stretch. UCLA went from 12 to 5 (this was with an uber talented Jordan Chiles roster) and then down to 17 this past year. So even with an very talented roster and a new (seasoned) coaching staff it was a jump of 8 spots. If Georgia sees a similar jump we still are looking a 10th, but I don't think Georgia has as talented a roster as UCLA did Janelle first year.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back