transfer portal 2024-2025

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

No one has any idea yet whether Landi will be a good NCAA coach, let alone one that can effectively manage college athletes pursuing elite.
I get that but Roberts has. He knows what he's getting himself into and he knows Landi well and he believes in her. We all know she's an excellent gymnastics coach, so its not a stretch to think she'll be a good NCAA coach. It's not like they've hired another CKC.

Couldn't that just be to protect their own reputation? Like "it's not us, it's her"?
Being dismissed has a very specific meaning in NCAA (across all sports). It is not a word just thrown around to save face. To publicly say someone has been dismissed is to say "they committed some pretty serious violations." To say your top gymnast has been dismissed? Might has well hang a a giant flashing DANGER! TERRIBLE PERSON! sign around her neck.

Last edited:
I agree that they basic planted a red flag on her, but that could well be out of self-interest rather than trying to influence other teams' perceptions of Harris.

I agree that they basic planted a red flag on her, but that could well be out of self-interest rather than trying to influence other teams' perceptions of Harris.
Agreed. Selena Harris was really solid for UCLA. Even if she was pretty toxic I think a lot of teams would be willing to take a chance on her. And she would probably make most line ups.

I could also imagine that she could have stepped over a line a bit in maybe being critical of either coaches or teammates who might not have been trying hard enough in her eyes. She seems competitive (great for an athlete) but college kids aren’t always as mature as will be later. (I sure wasn’t.)

Ya, dismissed is not always a "very serious" violation. I have seen players dismissed just because it wasn't working and the athlete wanted some assurances from the coaching staff that the coaching staff wasn't willing to give. Regardless, she is a stellar, proven college athlete dismissed or not, and she can go to any program she wants. Only she knows what she is looking for, but if the initial rumblings from her are true, she is not going to Georgia. Georgia does not have a shot at a national title to offer for next year, or even the year after, I don't care how much feel-good they have right now. Florida and LSU are the most likely landing spots.

Selena Harris Interesting bit over at Facebook. Looks like someone screen-copied from an Instagram account.
IMG_0844.jpeg

That’s such bizarre behavior. Based on her output, it was pretty clear she was putting in a lot of work. I wonder how long she had been acting like that.

Now I am insanely curious where she ends up. Utah?

Sorry, I am not going to put all credibility on someone who goes by the handle "Romanth4444" lol

I wouldn’t say it was pretty clear she was putting in a lot work. Most of the time what you put into the practices is what you see in results at the meet….but We all know that girl that skips practices, only does the bare minimum when there, maybe even doesn’t make routines in practices…..then shows up at a meet and she thrives off the crowd and comp atmosphere and just kills it at the competitions. Or the girl that never works hard but is so naturally talented that if she decided that she wanted to try a skill she’s never trained before she’d have it mastered by the end of the day.

Kittentoes, I let myself get sucked back into gymnastics reddit in the last couple of weeks. Yesterday was INSANE. Like, it a good way. In a "avoid my work to frantically refresh to see new comments" way.

I know! And I want to go to the gymnastics! But despite joining cat and gymnastics fan groups, I get all manner of incel, women are terrible, fat shaming, botly nonsense in my feed. It's starting to make me feel really awful.

I know! And I want to go to the gymnastics! But despite joining cat and gymnastics fan groups, I get all manner of incel, women are terrible, fat shaming, botly nonsense in my feed. It's starting to make me feel really awful.
I go on gymnastics reddit and I don't think I have a reddit feed. At least I've never noticed. So there must be a way to change the settings so you don't? Not that I can be useful enough to tell you what it is, mind, but I thought it might help!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back