Tom Forster resigns

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Right! I was thinking the same thing. …like who would want to even touch this position? Whatever they are paying can’t be worth the amount of criticism from internet experts. I am by no means saying Tom was best for the job……just saying that it seems there will be no one that will appease the masses (because anyone worthy would be smart enough to stay away from this trap)

Last edited:
Moceanu always butting her face in every role this happens. As if.

Last edited:
Would Amy want it?
No. During the Olympics, Gymnastic tweeted how it was nice to see so many U.S. coaches working with other teams after years of the U.S. being a magnet for foreign coaches.

I commented that no one wants to be a part of the USAG dumpster fire and Aimee liked the comment. It’s nothing concrete, but can surmise the sentiment resonated with her.

Tiffany Pollard Applause GIF

Would any of the NCAA coaches want to leave their team for this?
Not if they learned anything from Rhonda. Ratings are through the roof for NCAA as it is, and If I’m KJ, Jenny, or Bev, I’m sitting pretty on my generous public salary and benefits package, not caring about USAG, and waiting to offer their NT a fun, lucrative offramp to my program instead.

Last edited:
I’m hearing Brian Carey, Dawes, Chellsie…
Few data points with Brian Carey, but the ones we do have make me think he’s a pretty smart guy when it comes to the Code, understanding convoluted FIG rules, and managing wildly different gymnasts. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing he can do on the position.

Dawes? After what she’s said about elite and Kelli Hill? I can’t imagine she has any interest. And holy awkward, Batman, if she’s NTC while Kelli has elites!

I thought Chellsie was still interested in continuing as an elite athlete?

After what they did to him last time, would he want it?

Good for him. You couldn’t pay me enough money to do that job. He may not have been a superstar in that role, but at the very least he wasn’t a completely abusive jerk. I mean, as a parent, I didn’t get creep vibes from him or feel as if the women and children were not physically safe around him. Which is about 1000% better it was before. Now, on that note of course that role should be filled with someone who has a different skill set, but he served as a really good transition person. I don’t mean that to offend, as even HE admitted that he didn’t want the job or even intend to stay in it for very long. I hope that whoever is next has a smoother road to travel than he did.

Yes exactly. This role has really changed since the Marta days. It’s now more a PR function than a Head Coach.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back