Social Media Paris Athletes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Simone overcame the trauma of foster care, a drug-addicted birth mother, and sexual abuse while managing ADHD. She worked her butt off to start a successful family business with WCC and even won a few medals along the way. It's easy now to talk about her "privilege" but remember her traumatic hardships too.

The world can never make me hate her.

Simone overcame the trauma of foster care, a drug-addicted birth mother, and sexual abuse while managing ADHD. She worked her butt off to start a successful family business with WCC and even won a few medals along the way. It's easy now to talk about her "privilege" but remember her traumatic hardships too.

Not liking one of her social media posts isn't the world trying to make you hate her. You can be critical of something a person does and still like the person.

I totally agree. And I will never understand the level of hostility I see directed at her. And what on earth is wrong with celebrating a gift your family gave you after her triumph at the Olympics. People buy what they can afford. So what?? And what are talking about here, a pocketbook? Honestly.

I totally agree. And I will never understand the level of hostility I see directed at her. And what on earth is wrong with celebrating a gift your family gave you after her triumph at the Olympics. People buy what they can afford. So what??
What hostility? It's weird for you to say this when you have put down Gabby so much in the past.

Breaking: Celebrity acquires expensive item. Here's why that makes her a terrible person.
Right? Olympic champion and greatest gymnast of our time is excited because her family buys her an expensive pocketbook she wanted. Oh the privilege. Oh the outrage.

It was how she said it. Enjoy your Hermes bag. But saying people should be mad at their parents because their parents didn't buy them a Birkin? I don't discount the numerous traumas in her life, but that statement just reeked of unexamined privilege.

Although very much in line with how she's always handled social media. Is who she is. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Not to brag or anything but I myself have dealt with some of those same things, too. And I don't say things on social media that sound like something a spoiled teenager would say.

I totally agree. And I will never understand the level of hostility I see directed at her. And what on earth is wrong with celebrating a gift your family gave you after her triumph at the Olympics. People buy what they can afford. So what?? And what are talking about here, a pocketbook? Honestly.
1. It's OK to criticize someone. It doesn't mean you hate them or that you're being hostile. I mean, it's OK to not be 100% bowled-over by someone all the time.

2. You know as well as I do that it's not just "a pocketbook." Which, btw, is what old ladies carry--young ladies carry purses or bags. 😄 It's a status symbol. The ultimate "look what I have and you don't!" Which is cool, if you're into that sort of thing. Again, I just think it's kind of gross and tasteless.

3. I'd have hoped that someone with as much wisdom and insight into other areas as Simone has would have a better response than "get better parents." I think the vast majority of parents do the best they can and nobody is a failure because they can't buy their "kid" expensive baubles.

The "get better parents." comment screams entitled brat. I'm not saying Simone is, but that comment is very childish and leaves me scratching my head as to why a 27 yr old women would make such a remark. It reminds me of what a high schooler would say to make themselves out to be better than everyone else.

It was how she said it. Enjoy your Hermes bag. But saying people should be mad at their parents because their parents didn't buy them a Birkin? I don't discount the numerous traumas in her life, but that statement just reeked of unexamined privilege.

Although very much in line with how she's always handled social media. Is who she is. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hasn't she been doing work/advocacy for kids in the foster care system too? Such a weird comment that I doubt she would say to any of those kids faces. Please tell me she posted this on her drunken night out in Paris.

While the comment seems to have been in jest, I can see why joking about a status symbol level purchase (because there's no way any handbag could be worth $35,000 on its own) would rub people the wrong way

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back