Social Media Paris Athletes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

“Ronald was in the Air Force and raising Simone’s mother as a single dad at the time, according to an interview with ANDSCAPE.com, in collaboration with ESPN Magazine.

The couple got married on January 16, 1977, and later had their two sons of their own. Nellie worked as a nurse and co-owned a chain of nursing homes, and Ronald worked as an air traffic controller. They have both since retired, per the outlet.”

“Ronald was in the Air Force and raising Simone’s mother as a single dad at the time, according to an interview with ANDSCAPE.com, in collaboration with ESPN Magazine.

The couple got married on January 16, 1977, and later had their two sons of their own. Nellie worked as a nurse and co-owned a chain of nursing homes, and Ronald worked as an air traffic controller. They have both since retired, per the outlet.”

I didn’t realise they have 2 sons together. Is one of them the father of the famous Ronni?

Long term care (nursing and assisted living) homes are big business.

Between data centers and senior living/nursing homes all sprouting up in my neck of the woods, I feel like I missed out on some prime investment opportunities. Worked in the latter, currently working in the former.

I'm surprised Birkin hasn't sent her the matching wallet or whatever in thanks for all the free publicity. :cool:
This all came about because at an Access Hollywood interview, they got her a pepperoni pizza because she always said that's her favorite go-to after competitions. So she joked that she should have set her sights higher like a Lamborghini, and the host replied "or Hermes". Then she said "I need an appointment!"

So it turns out to even buy a Birkin (or any Hermes bag), you have to get a leather appointment. Apparently there's not only a long wait list to get them, but you usually need a prior relationship with a Hermes store sales person from a history of making previous purchases. I guess in this case Hermes figured they did her the favor by hooking her up with a next day appointment already.

This all came about because at an Access Hollywood interview, they got her a pepperoni pizza because she always said that's her favorite go-to after competitions. So she joked that she should have set her sights higher like a Lamborghini, and the host replied "or Hermes". Then she said "I need an appointment!"

So it turns out to even buy a Birkin (or any Hermes bag), you have to get a leather appointment. Apparently there's not only a long wait list to get them, but you usually need a prior relationship with a Hermes store sales person from a history of making previous purchases. I guess in this case Hermes figured they did her the favor by hooking her up with a next day appointment already.

You do need an appointment, true. But it’s not as hard to get an appointment as people believe, but I guess the perceived elusiveness benefits Hermes.
If you want an appointment and they want to sell their products to you, it is usually within a day or 2. There is usually a fairly limited selection and prices can vary massively depending on the materials used. So you are unlikely to be able to get your absolute dream bag. There are independent personal shoppers, who for a fee will track down your absolute desired birkin as Hermes don’t make to order.

You do need an appointment, true. But it’s not as hard to get an appointment as people believe, but I guess the perceived elusiveness benefits Hermes.
If you want an appointment and they want to sell their products to you, it is usually within a day or 2. There is usually a fairly limited selection and prices can vary massively depending on the materials used. So you are unlikely to be able to get your absolute dream bag. There are independent personal shoppers, who for a fee will track down your absolute desired birkin as Hermes don’t make to order.
Interesting!

This was social media from a magazine.

View attachment 11114
Ugh. Maybe I'm just bitter because I can't afford a Hermes bag and my parents can't either (not that I really want one--I carry my shit around in a canvas totebag from Old Navy) but I hate shit like this. It's just... crass. And I was just starting to like her again.

Random thought--Simone partying it up after the closing ceremony is pretty funny, could you imagine what Marta would say?!

Ugh. Maybe I'm just bitter because I can't afford a Hermes bag and my parents can't either (not that I really want one--I carry my shit around in a canvas totebag from Old Navy) but I hate shit like this. It's just... crass. And I was just starting to like her again.

Random thought--Simone partying it up after the closing ceremony is pretty funny, could you imagine what Marta would say?!
I would have paid SERIOUS MONEY to watch Martha watch the Olympics

USAWAG under Marta were kept on such a tight leash. It sounds like here the gymnasts were able to freely leave the Olympic Village to have dinner with friends/family while in 2007, after winning the TF at Worlds, it was a "treat" to have only a half-day of training and the girls getting to spend time with their family in Stuttgart.

I also found it off-putting. Like, go ahead and enjoy your privilege, but there's no need for the "get richer parents, lol!"

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back