Social Media Paris Athletes

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Poor Ana. And poor Jordan. There are no real winners in this.

I assume the final results hadn't actually been tabulated before Ana jumped up on the podium and started celebrating. I could see why she assumed it was safe to do so, but hopefully this serves as a cautionary tale for other gymnasts down the road. I certainly hope Ana continues, especially seeing as how Jordan will probably not go back to elite.

Also, Jordan has great taste in candy. 🍬

I admittedly haven't experienced either, but the timeline for her post-pregnancy return seems even crazier than the timeline for her ACL recovery pre-London. Between the physical stress of giving birth and recovering from that, plus hormonal changes, sleep disruption, and overall life disruption, like - how?
Sleep disruption & life disruption can be minimised with family support, paid help.
I remember watching a short documentary with Mustafina (maybe fromOlympic Channel YouTube) and her daughter Alisa lived with Aliya’s parents during the week while Akita trained, then Aliya came home on weekends.

Poor Ana. And poor Jordan. There are no real winners in this.

I assume the final results hadn't actually been tabulated before Ana jumped up on the podium and started celebrating. I could see why she assumed it was safe to do so, but hopefully this serves as a cautionary tale for other gymnasts down the road. I certainly hope Ana continues, especially seeing as how Jordan will probably not go back to elite.

Also, Jordan has great taste in candy. 🍬
I thought the results were up, announcer in arena said Ana won bronze. Then Ana got up on podium. And that this is part of Romania’s argument - that USA enquiry was late? ( do we know if USA enquiry was on time)

I thought the results were up, announcer in arena said Ana won bronze. Then Ana got up on podium. And that this is part of Romania’s argument - that USA enquiry was late? ( do we know if USA enquiry was on time)
Yeah, I thought I read that the final results had been posted in the arena before they took Jordan's inquiry. I could be wrong, however.

It's terrible that people are directing hateful comments at Jordan over this.

OK, then I'm not crazy. That's what I'd also thought but I figured that couldn't be right.

So much for "final results." They're, what, provisional final results?

Gives me chills. I’m glad she seems to be keeping up with vault.

Looks so clean! Her technique is just so impeccable. It's a tad under-rotated though, so a 2.75 yurchenko, but with more practice I can see this becoming a true triple.
I want her to take a good long rest, minimal training, and then come back in 2026-2027 with that vault (if she is indeed coming back and doing vault if she does).

It's like 2.75, not completely a triple but one of the best attempts at a fully rotated triple I have ever seen personally.

I am not even sure my brain really count twists when looking at a skill like this. I would say my brain does this: I have seen plenty of doubles, and Rebecca is clearly much higher than those, twisting just as fast and the whole time she is in the air longer…has to be a triple.

Melanie posted this today. With all of the other drama I had completely forgotten about how heartbreaking it must have been for her and the French team.

Attachments

• IMG_2208.png
    IMG_2208.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2207.png
    IMG_2207.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 91

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back