Simone’s Yurchenko Double Pike

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So… if Simone never competes this skill again, should the FIG name it in her honor?

There’s never been a gymnast like her. She has elevated the sport to new heights. In recognition of that fact, and of the fact she did it on competition surfaces in PT, i’m starting to think that maybe they should bend the rules just this one time.

I just think it absurd that after all that, it will probably get named after someone else in the 2030’s (who will inevitably do the most chunked skank version of it). But we will all still know who did it first.

Last edited:
It stinks
It’s but bending rules not a good idea

I don’t know, she already has all accolades, it’s not like she needs this to claim her place in the sport. And I think there’s a good reason why the rule is you must compete it, not podium train it. If this would be someone with a career-ending injury that prevented them from achieving more or something of the sort, then maybe, but Simone has enough, and we all know how how rules can be petty and “unfair”. I mean we still all call it the Moors even thought we know it should have been DA SKINNAH SUPER MEGA BEST SOMMERSAULT EVAH.

I don’t get the big deal about having it named for her. Especially since she already has her own vault

Well yes, but you’re a kommie who hates freedom, so, no surprises there really :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:😍

Last edited:
I’m not in favor of changing that rule because of exactly what Passion just said. You can’t retroactively change the rules without it having a domino effect.

Would the Moors become the Skinner?

(This isn’t a great example, because I think they were both doing the skill domestically around the same time. Mykayla just didn’t make her countries team for Worlds.)

The FIG could “honor Simone” by giving her beam dismount a higher D score.

Last edited:
Oooh this is a much better example than my moors one :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

I think the difference between a possible Skinner or Phillips is that Simone actually did it at a major event albeit in podium training while the other examples didn’t get that far

I just meant that she evidently has strong feelings over named elements…

I honestly have no idea what Nellz thinks about anything, sorry. I don’t know what is her stance, didn’t she give herself an element somewhere? Sorry if this is the most boring discussion ever

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back