September 2022 US WAG verification

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Doug1233

Defender

No Konnor or Leanne.

Shilese didn’t vault. Concerning.

I don’t even need to watch the routines to know Jordan was overscored.

Last edited:
Of note Jordan and Jade are not back on campus yet. Whereas Kayla and Leanne are.
I don’t think Jordan or Jade are headed back to campus until after Worlds.

The beauty of online classes.

Don’t you think that’s a little presumptious? She could have stuck most of everything, for all we know. I don’t understand why you very specifically signal out her scores over and over again.

Look at Nationals FX Night 1. She got an 8.35 E

Gymnaverse Panel had 7.7, 7.6, 7.8.

There are few other gymnasts who get wildly overscored like that. Perhaps Jocelyn Rosenburg or whatever her name is, too.

I specifically call her out because it specifically happens with her scores.

Why do you think I dont call it out with Shilese, Konnor or Leanne?

Last edited:
Don’t you think that’s a little presumptious? She could have stuck most of everything, for all we know. I don’t understand why you very specifically signal out her scores over and over again.
She is consistently over scored domestically though. She was also consistently hitting her routines which is good, however the USAG judges use a different pen with Chiles than the rest. This was extremely evident in Tokyo where her E scores were much lower than at home with the exception of vault.
While she received 8.2-8.4 at home for hit routines, the same hit routines in Tokyo were getting 7.6-7.8
A .6 difference in E score might not seem like much, but if Chiles is doing AA in a team event, .6 X 3 is 1.800 difference which is a huge margin.

Let’s see what happens in Birmingham as Kitakyushu was not judged as harshly as Tokyo.

The Gymnaverse judges have always score Chiles lower than she gets domestically, and yet when it came time to Tokyo, our judging pens were more in line with the Olympics than USAG was.

Chiles is a great gymnast but many of her execution deductions are completely overlooked by USAG which does a disservice to her and the USA team. Interestingly, she started to receive beneficial scores once she moved to WCC and became Biles’ “sidekick/bestie”.

Not even! She was getting 9.6s for her DTY at Nationals and Trials. Magically it became 9.3 for an almost stuck one in Tokyo.
Vault was not as dinged as the other events. She dropped .2-.3 ish in Tokyo which is not too far off.

But Chiles also got an 8.450 (for a strong hit routine) on floor night 2 of Trials but in Tokyo got a 7.666 for a mostly hit routine which is a whopping .784 difference. She was consistently getting into the 8s on floor for each routine domestically (unless she went out of bounds).

You’re right, in absolute numbers terms. But we all know that the difference between a 9.3 DTY and a 9.6 DTY is probably about the same as the difference between a 7.7E and an 8.3E on floor.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back