Russia-Ukraine War: Effects on Gymn World

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The second hypothetical depends on Putin being alive in July of next year. I’m not confident in that one.

Good. That’s how it’s supposed to work. I wonder if any other countries will join them

Officially Asian, apparently

As I said before, Russia already got those benefits in order to compete at the 2020/1 Olympics and then immediately played in everybody’s face the very next year at the 2022 Olympics. Four days after the end of those Olympics, Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Russia, Belarus, China, and the DPRK can celebrate the 40th anniversary of the “Friendship Games” next year.

I would absolutely support banning all countries that are anti democratic, suppressing human rights and aggressive towards other countries

Reactions: Bob
THE ATHLETES SHOULD COMPLETE CLEAN, COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE ANTI-DOPING REGULATIONS.
Um… does anyone want to tell them?

Last edited:
Thank you Kristy.

I have my doubt over whether this will actually happen. For the last year we’ve been told we won’t be able to access instagram, which has turned out to be rubbish.

Sure, the technology exists to block YouTube. But is it a financial priority for the Kremlin right now? No. As for VPNs, they could ban the more accessible, user friendly options like VPN apps.

In my own set up we have 2 different Wi-Fi networks, one we don’t use any VPN and only connects to our Russian devices. The other has a VPN at the point of the router and we then use another on each device, usually set to UK but sometimes will switch if I want to watch geoblocked content.

I only access gymnaverse on my VPN devices. Not because there’s anything here that could get me in trouble, but it means I’m not highlighting myself as someone who accesses English language websites.

YouTube is weird though. My IP shows me as in Yorkshire, yet I get the occasional Russian ad on YouTube. I know it’s only because I’ve watched Russian language uploads, but wow it panics me every single time

I was talking to a Chinese friend. He told me it is a constant battle of getting better tech to evade this. However, when the punishment for using a VPN and getting caught is enforced then people get scared to use it. I think Putin would like more control of Russians and it will eventually come to this regardless of Ukraine. He wants more control of the plebs.

Nagorny has posed in uniform as the head of some sort of militarized Russian Youth Army who also use the Z symbol. The youth Army’s aim is to provide young Russians with patriotic and military training. The organization was sanctioned by the EU last year,
nagorny putin youth army

Text

Yes. I am aware. I said that his status is less clear, in that some of his team mates are members of the national guard. Ie members of military. Nagorny may have made his political views very clear, but him wearing the uniform of a youth organisation which is a civilian movement, doesn’t make him military personnel.

It’s probably because I know I can move back to London or Monaco anytime I like that makes the shit bearable. Even prior to the actions in Ukraine, it was an utterly mental place to live.

My car insurance company advised me to keep cash with my licence incase I’m pulled over by the police.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back