Russia-Ukraine War: Effects on Gymn World

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There are credible reports of Russian websites, including Tass (Kremlin owned news agency) being hacked for a few hours and displaying pro Ukrainian messages.

I’ve seen credible reports this morning of the hacking of the Kremlin’s website and others on main stream sites too.

Any and all sanctions and punishments should be in play now that we are seeing bombings killing civilians that aren’t near military targets.

I hope Putin falls soon.

Last edited:
Any and all sanctions and punishments should be in play now that we are seeing bombings killing civilians that aren’t near military targets.
I agree. I even think its time to create a no fly zone. I mean, this is just out of hand and ghastly. There are now credible reports of the Russians using thermobaric bombs – vaccum bombs – which suck the oxygen out of the surrounding air and cause a very high temperature explosion. They also suck the air out of human lungs. I believe the Russian separatists in Dunbas used them and frankly so did the U.S. in Afghanistan. They are not on the list of internationally banned weapons, but in a war like this which has no justification whatever in the first place, to me it is just beyond the pale.

You cannot create a no fly zone unless you are willing to shoot our planes, which Boris Johnson confirmed this afternoon that nobody is

Reactions: L_R
IDK MC. Russia has always been willing to do so. It may come to it. If Putin doesn’t care about all the children he’s killing then there may be.

It’s not as if USSR/Russia hasn’t done the same. https://history.house.gov/Historical-Highlights/1951-2000/The-Soviet-shoot-down-of-flight-KAL007- resulting-in-the-death-of-Representative-Larry-McDonald-of-Georgia/

In March 1953, seven Royal Air Force crewmen were killed when a Soviet MiG-15 fighter shot down an Avro Lincoln B2reportedly on a training mission in the Berlin Corridor.

Last edited:
I hope there will be talks and agreements reached so Putin backs down. No one wants this bloodshed nor an escalation.

You think it’s a good idea for NATO to go to war with Russia? Because that’s what it would be

War is never a good idea but Putin cannot be allowed to send in your army and take over anywhere he wants. He cannot be allowed to kill children indiscriminately. He has no good reason. The parallels with WWll are there because he is behaving the way Hitler did.

It may not be a good idea, especially since Russia has the 2d largest airforce in the world after the U.S. I mean its not exactly like NATO enforcing no-fly zones during the Bosnian War or with Libya. It could clearly spill into a major conflict and bring us to the brink of nuclear war.

On the other hand doing nothing is becoming less and less appealing daily.

Doing nothing has emboldened Putin. He is the only one who has escalated war. No one who hadn’t been invaded and shot at has shot at a Russian.

There have been few consequences to Putin and Russia as a result of Georgia or the Crimea. I think this time is it.

Putin is destroying your cousins and shared heritage. Memorials, churches etc.

If you aren’t careful what you say your govt will take away your Internet MC.

Last edited:
I hope this ends in a coup to take Putin out. Instead of escalating into WW3. Those seem like the only two options available right now.

Putin cannot back down now. It’s gone too far. He hates losing. I think he would rather blow up the earth than to appear to have lost.

No Fly isn’t going to happen. full stop. I can’t believe we are even discussing this as a serious option. No one in NATO, and I mean absolutely no one who actually has the power to implement a no fly zone, is considering it at all. It’s not on the table.

Russia is cut off from the international banking system. The ruble is worthless. It is all but a pariah state now (for the love of god, even Switzerland and FIFA have taken action!). Russia’s Oligarchs aren’t inclined to let this go on much longer, and frankly it doesn’t looks like the military is particularly thrilled about any of this either. Putin’s days are very numbered. The only questions that reman are how many people does Putin take down with him, who fills the vacuum, and what is the international response. The West really botched the 1990s, which has lead us directly to where we are today. They have to do better.

Last edited:
I agree, the no fly zone will not happen. I mean we would not even have taken the sanctions anywhere near as far as we have (cutting Russias banks out of Swift for example) had it not been for the extraordinary show of courage, heroism and statesmanship on the part of Zelensky. And his brilliant use of media. He shamed us into it, him along with the amazing behavior of the Ukrainian people.

But what happens going forward I don’t know. Putin has for sure lost strategically in many ways. But I do not know that his days are numbered. He may well end up surviving this, although I surely hope not.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t rejoice too much in the effect of sanctions and such, of course we’re going to hear all positives about that. It’s all probably going to take longer, europe is already feeling the disruption in many ways and i fear a little the triumphalism of western media right now. I’ll be more positive if China orIndia move a little in their posture (although I’m really not holding my breath on China)

China? Theyare just watching, trying to figure out if they can get away with a similar move in Taiwan.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back